Industry News Bits 4-9-20
95.9 The Fish/Columbus, OH teamed up with a local church to offer drive-up Easter services in their parking lot. Listeners will celebrate Easter from the safety and comfort of their vehicles.
Eight Easter services of Grove City Church of the Nazarene will be broadcast LIVE April 10,11,12. The services will also be streamed on the station app and on-line.
Pulse 94.1/Coniston NSW, AUS has appointed Gavin Brett as new station manager. Chairman Wayne Morris says Gavin Brett takes on the role after nine years experience in christian media.
Mr Brett replaces Aaron Wright who exited to join Hope 103.2/Sydney as content director.
Wright Media Group consultant Brian Wright checks in with HisAir today to share his COVID-19 steps Phase 2 Plan for stations. Brian says, “I’ve always enjoyed the information shared on HisAir.Net but these last few weeks have been outstanding as we team together during the COVID-19 pandemic. This time in history will certainly be remembered for the rest of our lives! But…what will those memories actually be? That depends on your next steps in the weeks ahead. I’m hoping we can look back on these memories:
- How we were a source of encouragement to our audience.
- We gave information that directed the listener in a helpful way.
- That our on-air transparency was delivered in a way to relate to the listener, and not focus on you.
- That we had a great plan developed to support our local businesses and organizations as they reopened their doors & appreciate them more.
- That we had a helpful job location service/plan for those looking for work.
- That we were authentically exuberant on the air for listeners weaving their way back into society.
- That we discovered how important it is to treat others like you would want them to treat you.
- Egos mean nothing.
- Stature means less than nothing.
- Narcissism is obnoxious.
- Fear is paralyzing so focus on hope, no matter how big or small.
- Know that you are never stronger by yourself.
- When you are a source of hope for others, you make their world a better place. This isn’t just a nice thing to say…It’s real!
Salem Media Group has entered into an agreement to have Renaissance Communications represent the www.WatchSalemMedia.com video on demand platform to the entertainment industry. Salem Media Group created its on demand video portal in 2019 to expand the reach of Salem’s proprietary video content as well as listener events like last year’s “War for America’s Soul” tour.
Mike Reed, Senior Vice President of Salem Media Group, states: “Two weeks ago we began making No Safe Spaces, the film with Salem talk host Dennis Prager and comedian Adam Corolla, available to our audiences through www.watchsalemmedia.com and the response has been incredible.” Reed added that, “with Renaissance Communications’ President Joe Battaglia’s knowledge and relationships in the faith and family sector, Salem hopes to rapidly expand the number of films listeners can enjoy with their families.”
Battaglia noted, “Salem Media Group and I have had a longstanding relationship and I am both grateful and thrilled to be a partner in this next endeavor with them that can tie in with my involvement in the faith-film industry over the last 17 years.” He added, “As a producer for Watchsalemmedia.com, I look forward to assembling quality films and other content to encourage families during these times of fear, isolation and economic uncertainty.”
John Bryant 16 years at WAFJ/Augusta
Randy Snavely 37 years at Family Life/Bath, NY
Terese Main 10 Years at Family Life/Bath, NY
Submit your station or label news HERE