Brian Wright “From Satisfaction To Delight”
In today’s radio world there is nothing “special” about satisfying your listener. They have fully come to expect this and if you don’t fulfill this minimum standard you will lose cume in a down-hill hurry. ADG has talked for years about the strong need to create many memorable moments throughout the day that really stand out in the listener’s mind.
These memorable moments are now being labeled as Surprise & Delight events by many in the industry. Over the years we has seen great success in coordinating what appears to be random surprise and delight tactics on a much more frequent basis. These tactics can come in many different forms but all of them leave a lasting impression. Here are some examples:
- Randomly rewarding people in you database with concert tickets and dinner. Etc.
- Your morning team goes out on certain days to randomly pick up the lunch tab for a person (couple).
- Including listeners in random acts of kindness events.
- Having your on air-staff pay it forward on a regular basis, like a drive through difference.
- Frequently rewarding listeners that participate with your bits, call for requested, etc with instant prizes. “…Jessica, love your party-flop story…Ya know, we’d like to send you and your family to the movies this weekend to see the new__________! “
- A birthday card signed by the on-air team, with a gift card inside.
- When a person wins a scheduled prize on your station, tell them they can choose a friend or relative to win the same prize!
There are many way to surprise and delight your audience and when done correctly you will build more awareness and loyalty for your station as well.
*These “random” memorable moments are not meant to replace TSL-building scheduled contests but in fact are a great way to accentuate what you are already doing.
Brian is a 30 year radio veteran who has successfully served many companies over the years as Program Director, Operations Manger and VP of programming. After many years of success working for individual radio stations and clusters, Brian Joined one of the most trusted consulting firms in the country, Audience Development Group. For the last 15 years Wright has enjoyed building alliances with scores of stations in the US & Canada helping them grow in ratings and revenue. Contact Brian at email@example.com