Z Ministries Assistant Engineer
Z ministries is looking for an Assistant Engineer to join The Z88.3 Orlando engineering department. We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of electronics, electrical design technical equipment and IT systems at the studio and multiple FM/HD transmitter locations.
The Assistant Engineer will be responsible for maintenance of equipment, maintaining broadcast systems and all station technical operations within FCC regulations. The successful candidate will be familiar with radio related technologies including, but not limited to, FM transmitter repair and installation, digital and analog audio, EAS equipment and studio equipment maintenance.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in electronic troubleshooting, including hands-on repairs for audio and RF equipment.
- SBE Certification and/or technical school, college diploma in electrical engineering preferred
- Excellent knowledge of basic electronics theory and principles and ability to read schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair high-power FM/HD transmitting facilities.
- Experience with radio studio equipment and operations, audio routing, AES and AoIP protocols, digital audio delivery and automation, EAS, studio telephone and engineering IT systems, and automated content-delivery systems.
- Must be able to work independently and fulfill responsibilities without constant supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electronics at the component level
- Familiarity with working with and maintaining Diesel generators, 3-phase power and power transfer, large UPS systems and distribution.
- Knowledge of Rivendell Automation system and Linux operating systems a plus
- AOIP knowledge is a plus
- Good understanding of IT and Networking 2-way radio / repeater experience and/or valid Amateur Radio license a plus
- Knowledge of current FCC Rules and Regulations
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Strong proven time management skills including the ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, grasp objects and work in a physically active setting
- Certified tower climber or willing to be certified a plus
- Availability to work various hours / days, including occasional overnights, weekends and holidays when necessary
- Ability to provide 24×7 on-call, on-site service for studio and transmitter locations
Must possess a Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record to drive station vehicles
Z Ministries, Inc. and Central Florida Educational Foundation, Inc., WPOZ-FM/HD, WMYZ-FM/HD, WHYZ-FM/HD, WDOZ-FM, has established religious faith as a qualification for employment, as permitted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Z Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume along with your “statement of faith” to HR Department email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org