WGTS Evening Show Producer
Evening Show Producer
WGTS 91.9 is a Federal Communications Commission licensed noncommercial radio station operated by Atlantic Gateway Communications, Inc., (AGC) which is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
The Evening Show Producer coordinates the content of the evening show. This position is involved with the entire process from conceptualization to the final product for the evening show and is responsible for researching, gathering, and producing content requiring creative writing, recording, and editing audio material for airing. The Evening Show Senior Producer creates highly engaging content and assists the evening lead host with all aspects of the presentation. This includes arranging guests, screening, and recording calls, briefing callers, and being on-air with the lead host from time to time in the context of caller interaction.
- Researches and maintains a good understanding of the typical WGTS radio listener while creating content and generating programming ideas that reflect the ethos of the station and meet the needs of the listener.
- Generates a constant stream of creative ideas for different slots in the evening show schedule that will suit the evening show lead host’s style and the target audience.
- Sources potential contributors and individuals to interview.
- Manages the logistics of getting people, resources, and equipment together at the right place at the right time for the evening broadcast or other requests.
- Responds to audience feedback and refers to other station departments as necessary.
- Interacts in an audience-focused, entertaining, and compelling way on a nightly basis as a part of the evening show in a limited fashion with the lead host.
- Engages with listeners through WGTS social media outlets and the station website (i.e., weather-related school closings and delays) at the direction of the lead host.
- Screens incoming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for on-air talent based on the lead host’s needs and requests.
- Manages and produces evening show video breaks and visual elements on different software platforms and content release platforms.
- Interacts with listeners and provides a compelling, interactive experience.
- Coordinates with the program director and evening host on broadcast needs.
- Supports the program director with production needs outside of the evening show.
- Records listeners and donors at station events such as sticker stops, concerts, and live remotes.
- Gathers, analyzes, and reports various research data points to evening show host and program director.
- Interacts and functions smoothly with the evening team made up of, a Listener Care representative, this position, and the evening show lead host.
- Manages multiple projects on tight deadlines while maintaining a positive customer-focused attitude interacting with many listeners each day.
- Maintains a complete understanding of any legal rights and obligations so that all content on-air and online is compliant with any applicable media laws including but not limited to copyright laws.
- Maintains a collaborative spirit by communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience required.
- Superior command of English grammar and spelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Mathematical and Technology Skills
- Basic understanding of how to operate standard business equipment
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft 365, including Teams.
- Knowledge and application of Adobe Audition Editing Suite, VoxPro recording equipment, basic video recording and editing equipment, general radio studio software, professional social media platform software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a team and independently.
- Attention to detail and reliability.
- Must have and maintain a driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, talk, perform repetitive motion, sit, walk, stand, climb stairs, reach, bend, kneel; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to lift and/or carry items of up to 50 pounds; and talk or hear.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: audio editing, control board operation, preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit https://www.wgts919.com/who-we-are/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.wgts919.com.