WayFM Engineering Director
Job Type – Full-time – Nashville, TN
Summary of Position:
The Engineering Director position exists to influence this generation to love and follow Jesus through culturally relevant media. Make regular visits to and act as Staff Engineer for the WAY market facilities located in Nashville, Louisville, and Huntsville; and oversee each associated market’s Translators located in Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, and Georgia. Oversee technical needs at Nashville Network Operations Center (NOC) and associated uplink facilities. Oversee technical needs of WAY East operations, centered at Nashville NOC, and assist DOE with associated facilities nationwide.
Character and Spiritual Qualifications:
- Is a born-again believer of Jesus Christ and maintains faithful fellowship with other believers (Hebrews 10:25). Acts as an extension of the ministry of WayFM using established cultural values as a guide and displays integrity in professional and personal life in accordance with Biblical standards and moral boundaries policy of WayFM. Has a heart for service, exhibits a teachable spirit, a high level of energy, self-motivation and enthusiasm and demonstrates character as exemplified by the Fruit of the Spirit.
- The successful team member will also understand, embrace, and consistently exhibit the Five Core Values of the ministry. The Core Values are: “Bleeds the Mission”, “Positive and Fun”, “Problem Solver”, “Proactive Diligence”, and “Can-do Attitude”.
Knowledge and Experience Qualifications (work experience, technical skills, degrees, certifications):
- Basic electronics education and broadcast electronics fundamentals. This would include formal education from an institution or equivalent military or other direct work experience; knowledge of and experience with installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of FM transmission systems, both low power and full power.
- Experience with satellite downlink and uplink systems
- Experience with modern computer automation systems, studio equipment installation and maintenance experience
- General computer hardware and Microsoft based operating system experience
- Must be eligible for coverage on WAY Media auto insurance policy
- CBRE and CBNE SBE Certifications
- 10 years broadcast experience
- Knowledge of Axia AOIP Systems
Additional Skills, Abilities and Special Gifts/Talents:
- Organizational skills in workspace
- Time management a must
- Record keeping on project accomplishments and in areas required by FCC a must
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of WayFM. Good fit with all teams within the ministry. Upholds WayFM’s ministry in prayer. Adheres to WayFM’s Standards of Conduct / Moral Boundaries and Statement of Faith. Demonstrates behaviors aligned with WayFM’s core values.
- Meets or exceeds expectations by exhibiting qualities consistent with the Five Core Values of the ministry.
- Oversee FCC Public Files Maintain EAS systems including oversight of logs, as assigned
- Maintain transmitters and transmitter site logs. Keep DOE informed on condition of sites
- Oversee station transmitter logs completed by local Chief Operator
- Keep a routine maintenance schedule for each station’s studio and transmitter site
- Maintain studio and transmitter remote control systems for accuracy and function. Perform remote recalibration as necessary.
- Oversee technical operations of WAY East facilities. This includes associated automation systems, studios, and satellite uplink facility.
- Help other regions with engineering services, when necessary. This will require travel to other regions nationwide.
- Work with the IT department in the installation, operation, and upkeep of computer systems in studio facility. Work with IT or for any IT needs at transmitter locations related to the operational area of the MSED
- Oversee the installation, operation, repairs, and modification to the internet systems for the operational area of the MSED in coordination with IT.
- Provide reports to each affected General Manager on all matters that affect their cluster facilities and coordinate with the DOE to resolve any such issues.
- Maintain Documentation on equipment installation and facility wiring for all facilities under the operational area of the MSED. This includes accurate wiring diagrams of studios and transmitter plants, equipment service materials for all available equipment in use, and new equipment product information for any needed purchases.
- Maintain suitable array of spare parts and needed components for basic equipment repairs and new equipment installations. Keep functional work area for repairs, maintain engineering vehicles and tools for use. Be prudent on keeping unused equipment functional for backup purposes.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with contract and backup engineers in the region.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to lift 35 lbs. above head
- Required to work on transmitter sites. No climbing of towers will be required or needed.
- Other duties assigned
To apply please visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1109821/Way-Media/Engineering-Director-mid-south-region
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.