Missionary Transmitter Engineer (Asia)
Assist the Chief Engineer in providing reliable and timely technical services for the station broadcast equipment.
Location: Asian Pacific
Apply Here: Missionary Transmitter Engineer (Asia)
Wondering if you can use your engineering skills in missions? Wonder no longer! Here’s an open door to impact the world with the hope of the Gospel using high-power electronic equipment. As you help every day with repair and upgrades of RF control/distribution systems and transmitters, you’ll play a key role in bringing the Word of God to hearts in need of change, encouragement and discipleship. How does it get better than that? Let’s chat.
Please note: This position is a supported/sponsored missionary role (not a direct hire opportunity), so you would develop a team of partners who provide financially for your full salary and benefits as a part of this role. We do provide training, resources, and coaching to help missionaries reach these financial support goals!
Our Asia Broadcast Operations team is looking for a missionary to serve as a Transmitter Engineer to assist the Chief Engineer in providing reliable and timely technical services for the operation, maintenance, and modification of the station broadcast equipment.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced by a personal relationship
- Excitement about being involved in full-time missions and willingness to develop a team of prayer and financial partners
- Cultural sensitivity and a team spirit
- Ability to manage priorities, projects and workflow with attention to detail and sound engineering judgement
- Solid English oral and written communication skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Able to handle occasional irregular work hours
- Perform scheduled maintenance on transmitters, RF distribution systems, and RF control system components
- Assist in troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades of transmitter and associated subsystems
- Assist the maintenance and rigging teams with upkeep, repairs and construction projects on buildings and grounds
- Work with the software, hardware, and the programming of the automation systems
- Support the team in its various functions as requested and directed by the Chief Engineer or Station Manager
- Provide occasional engineering support to personnel in other TWR locations
- BS in engineering, EE preferred, or equivalent training and experience
- Three years’ practical experience in a related electronics field
- Proficiency with electronic schematics and electronic test equipment, in addition to familiarity with computer systems and various commercial software tools
- Able to work outside for long periods of time performing antenna/tower repair or grounds maintenance, sometimes during off hours
To apply for this job please visit twr.org.