Missionary Transmitter Engineer (Southern Africa)
Come work on our powerful 100,00-watt transmitters in Eswatini that speak to the needs of people within the country and beyond!
Consider joining our international team in southern Africa, using your technical and engineering skills so that Gospel messages can go out clearly and regularly to listeners who need the hope that a strong faith in the Lord provides. As you lend a hand operating, maintaining and modifying broadcast equipment, you’ll be participating in the spiritual growth of many who may not otherwise have a way to hear the Good News!
Please note: This position is a supported/sponsored missionary role (not a direct hire opportunity), so you would develop a team of partners who provide financially for your full salary and benefits as a part of this role. We do provide training, resources, and coaching to help missionaries reach these financial support goals!
Our East Africa Broadcast Operations team is looking for a Transmitter Engineer to provide engineering services for the operation, maintenance, and modification of broadcast equipment so that encouraging and biblical messages can go out clearly and in a timely fashion.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced by a personal relationship
- Excitement about being involved in full-time missions and willingness to develop a team of prayer and financial partners
- Cultural sensitivity and a team spirit
- Ability to manage priorities, projects and workflow with attention to detail and sound engineering judgement
- Solid English oral and written communication skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Able to handle occasional irregular work hours
- Operate, repair and maintain the transmitters, antennas and associated equipment to ensure reliability
- Design and implement changes to transmitters and associated equipment
- Provide support in various areas relating to the on-air operations, including programming, administrative and general maintenance functions
- Participate in the development of long-range planning of major facility modifications
- Provide occasional engineering support to personnel in other TWR locations
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent, with an emphasis in radio communications or power electronics
- At least one year of engineering experience
- Basic knowledge of RF theory, transistor circuits, logic circuits, power circuits and general test equipment use
To apply for this job please visit twr.org.