Broadcast Engineer / Technician Missionary
Put your engineering skills to work at TWR’s transmitter site, broadcasting to millions every day!
Job Location: West Africa
Apply Here: Broadcast Engineer / Technician Missionary
If God is pressing an urgency on you to get the Good News to others, consider putting your engineering skills to work at TWR’s transmitter site, broadcasting to millions every day! You can be on-site in West Africa making sure the equipment functions at its best, so there is no interruption when listeners tune in to hear the Gospel. Train and work with our partners in the region in their technical operations and feel that joy in knowing you’re having a direct role in furthering the Kingdom of God!
Please note: This position is a supported/sponsored missionary role (not a direct hire opportunity), so you would develop a team of partners who provide financially for your full salary and benefits as a part of this role. We do provide training, resources, and coaching to help missionaries reach these financial support goals!
Broadcast Engineer/Technician – West Africa – Role Summary:
Participate in the proclamation of the Word of God through the medium of radio in West Africa by overseeing all aspects of the technical equipment used in broadcasting and assisting partners in the region with broadcasting engineering.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced by a personal relationship
- Excitement about being involved in full-time missions and willingness to develop a team of prayer and financial partners
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Cultural sensitivity working within international teams
- Ability to independently manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ensure broadcasts from the West Africa Transmitting Station (WATS) radiate without error and with minimum equipment downtime
- Supervise the technicians of the WATS in operation of equipment related to broadcasts
- Assist TWR partners in West Africa with all matters of broadcasting engineering
- Evaluate the broadcast systems of the WATS and TWR partners in West Africa with the goal of improving all functions
- Train others in the same tasks
- A two-year degree in electronics or equivalent work experiences
- Knowledge of written and oral English and an intermediate level of spoken French
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Experience in working with people from other cultures and Christian backgrounds
To apply for this job please visit twr.org.