FaithSearch Partners has been retained to manage the search for the next Editor-in-Chief for Stream.org. If you are aware of qualified individuals for this opportunity, please contact – Elaine Welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. The Editor-in-Chief, Stream.org
Reports to: Executive Vice President, LIFE Outreach International
The following describes many characteristics of the ideal Editor-in-Chief candidate at Stream.org:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications, journalism, English or relevant field; candidates without a college degree but who possess significant related experience may also be considered.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to write and edit.
- Strong publication background with online publishing experience.
- Proven editorial experience, with a record of accomplishment of managing editorial teams and driving content strategy.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to identify errors in spelling, grammar, style and tone.
- Background and experience in covering politics and culture.
- Excellent editorial judgment with knowledge and ability to fact-check articles and references for accuracy and determine if the content is right for The Steam and/or the right time to publish.
- Knowledge of ethical journalism practices and commitment to maintaining high journalistic standards.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both Christianity and government and ensure content is accurately reflected.
- Strong theological knowledge and the ability to articulate all views and represent Christ as opposed to mere political opinion.
- Strong creative skills with multimedia experience. i.e.: podcasts, social media, video content.
- Strong understanding of digital media trends, audience engagement strategies, and SEO best practices.
- Ability to manage across denominational lines, such as those views of conservatives, Catholics, Protestants, Evangelicals, etc.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to handle interpersonal issues and challenging personalities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- Adept at managing multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and navigate ambiguity effectively.
- Experience in strategic planning is a plus.
- Experience with television commentary and serving as a public “face” spokesperson for The Stream is ideal.
- A Christ follower, willing to pray for others; active in a local church, and able to publicly share their faith.
- Evangelical Christian that understands the heart and vision of LIFE Outreach International and The Stream.
- Respectful with high integrity; ethical with strong moral values and conservative beliefs.
- Aligns with the mission and core principles of LIFE Outreach International and The Stream.
- Has a balanced personality with the ability to know when to say “yes” and when to say, “not now.”
- Is in agreement with and able to sign LIFE Outreach International’s Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate strong personalities and influence decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com