Program Director/Promotions – SAU Radio (106.9 HOME.fm & 89.3 The Arbor)
The Program Director/Promotions position of SAU Radio is responsible for all aspects of programming and promotion of SAU Radio that include creative interactions with the community through current digital platforms, developing the talents of student and professional staff, and maintaining a consistent on-air product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by proper personnel.
- Oversee all aspects of programming including music and programming logs.
- Ensures programming and promotion remain consistent to the mission of SAU as embodied in the Concept
- Supervise and train on-air personnel.
- Develop and implement station events and on-air promotional contests.
- Maintain station(s) website, social media, and digital platforms.
- Ensure station compliance by maintaining public and EAS station files.
- Participate on university committees as assigned and requested.
- Provides top-notch customer service, low level of customer complaints.
- Development of effective station promotions to support the goal of financial sustainability.
- Demonstrate care and respect for team members and the SAU Community by embracing the principles of the SAU Community Covenant.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the General Manager/Sales.
This job requires supervisory responsibilities of SAU Radio staff assigned by the General Manager/Sales. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Good organizational & word processing skills necessary. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or other production/editing software, on-air automation systems, Excel spreadsheets, MS Word required. Ability to prioritize, complete multiple tasks & possess good interpersonal, communication, and writing skills. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual will exhibit a life and service that is in full accord with the Spring Arbor University Concept and Community Covenant.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required preferably in broadcast communications or another related field. 3-5 years of radio experience is preferred but not required with experience in hosting an on-air show, programming, promotions, or other related duties helpful.
Experience working in multicultural academic environments preferred and individuals from diverse populations are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.arbor.edu.