Salem Media Group in Nashville has a rare opening to host a new dynamic Mid-day show. This show is syndicated on the Today’s Christian Music network, with 80 signals across the country.
The ideal candidate for this opening must have the ability to:
- Understand and connect with our target audience in an uplifting, encouraging way on and off the air through masterful storytelling, recording/editing phone calls to air, via text and social media and more.
- Exhibit proficiency in radio production, voice work, remote computer access, social media communication.
- Produce and host an engaging and compelling daily radio show that is in alignment with the station’s mission and brand.
- Generate ideas, research and develop content that relevant to the stations’ audience.
You are not just a DJ – you are a host for an entire brand. In addition to the mid-day shift, you will also be asked to produce podcasts both audio and video, and possible additional team support duties. Client endorsements will provide numerous opportunities for additional revenue. Much of this will depend on your ability to connect with listeners and your chemistry with clients.
- On-air experience 2+ years
- Radio copywriting and voice tracking
- Experience with digital audio and content preferred
- Ability to market stations successfully both on and off air
- Possess strong people and communications skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines
- Must be a team player, be able to take direction and be willing to work with other departments to create a positive work environment
- Competitive pay structure based on experience
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Matching 401k retirement plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Come see how Salem is DIFFERENT and why we’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” and as a “Best and Brightest” equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.