Salem Minneapolis Account Executive
Radio Sales Account Executive
Salem Media Group – Minneapolis is looking for a highly motivated sales professional to join our radio advertising team. This position will help to sell our multi-media marketing solutions, including radio, digital & events sales, to local small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
We pride ourselves on simplifying the marketing process for our customers while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options (both radio and digital solutions). In short, we help our customers grow their business. This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead development with SMBs. To help you along the way, we provide best-in-class prospecting tools for our Media Strategists.
You may be our Ideal Candidate if…
- You enjoy the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business
- You’re confident and not willing to accept average
- You are self-motivated and results-oriented
- You have a track record of exceeding sales goals
- You have an outgoing, resilient personality
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
The best candidate will have:
- College degree preferred
- 1+ years of sales experience, preferred
- Radio, Broadcast, Media background/interest desired
- Great problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong business acumen and effective listening skills
- Proficiency in prospecting
- Strong understanding of the local market, marketing concepts, and radio media
- Ability to plan, communicate with, and maintain/develop customer relationships
- The discipline and creativity to work with diverse prospects and customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & goal-oriented environment
- Ability to develop a strategic sales plan
- Ability to deliver compelling advertising presentations that address client objectives
- Ability to effectively overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended solutions
- Competitive pay structure based on experience
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Matching 401k retirement plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Come see how Salem is DIFFERENT and why we’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” and as a “Best and Brightest” equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at salemmedia.com/careers or the direct link:
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.