Account Executive – Digital & Radio (Media Strategist)
Requisition Number: ACCOU03317
Salem Media Group in the Twin Cities is looking for a highly motivated sales professional to join our advertising team selling our advertising and digital marketing solutions to local small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Our ideal candidate will be a relentless hunter, driven to win new businesses with a track record of exceeding monthly goals. If you are passionate about selling, have a deep knowledge of digital advertising principles and products, and possess excellent presentation and closing skills – then we’d love to talk to you!
To succeed in this position, you’ll grow a base of existing business from loyal marketing partners while persistently prospecting and developing new leads daily with SMBs. We pride ourselves on simplifying our customers’ marketing process while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our customers grow their business.
In addition to a Full-service Digital Solutions Provider, Salem Media Group- Twin Cities is also home to four (4) radio stations: AM 980 The Mission (Christian Teach/Talk), AM 1280 The Patriot (News/Talk), The Biz 1440 (Business News/Talk), and Freedom 1570 (News/Talk). We also offer our audience an all-digital station, theFishTwinCities.com (contemporary Christian music).
Requirements & Transparency:
- 2-3 years of successful sales experience. Why? Because we need to know you can sell!
- Strong understanding of the local market. Why? Because we need you to be able to represent us in the Twin Cities.
- Knowledgeable of Audio and Digital products and applications such as Search Engine Marketing, Audience and Search Retargeting, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Management, Marketing, Digital Display, Website Development, and Email Marketing. Why? Because these are just some of the tools we use to bring success to our business partners.
- Strong skills in planning, communicating, organizing, and developing customer relationships. Why? Because you are the liaison between the business partner and our company.
- Ability to develop a strategic sales plan. Why? We don’t want a “cookie-cutter” salesperson. We are looking for a true sales professional who understands that when the client is successful, we are all successful.
- Proficient in prospecting high potential accounts and setting up appointments with key decision-makers with the ability to secure at least five appointments weekly with qualified prospects. Why? Because this is a sales position. We need someone who has the “fire in the belly”!
- Demonstrates effective listening skills and the ability to deliver compelling advertising presentations. Why? Because the initial needs analysis meeting is probably the most important part of the sales process. If we don’t know a client’s needs and wants, let’s not waste anyone’s time.
- Effectively able to overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended solutions. Why? Because we are looking for a sales professional who will take this seriously.
We offer a base salary plus commission based on experience and a full benefits package, including paid holidays and vacation.
Come see why Salem is DIFFERENT and why we’ve been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” and as a “Best and Brightest” employer.” Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit salemmedia.com and click on the careers tab.
To apply for this job please visit salemmedia.com.