Pillar Media, home to STAR 99.1 NYC/NJ, STAR 93.3 Cincinnati, and KPOF/Denver is looking for the next individual to join our team as the Director of Programming Operations / On Air Talent. This position offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with a super high-performing team to impact lives through the power of Christian media, reaching an incredibly diverse audience with uplifting and inspiring content. The position reports to the Pillar Media Brand Director.
Experience/What We’re Looking For:
Our ideal candidate is a media professional who has the passion and skills to engage and inspire listeners; who is ready to work hard, accomplish more than they ever have before, and have an absolute blast doing it!
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Individual must have at least five years’ successful, demonstrated experience in leadership and similar roles.
- Ability and passion to integrate your faith in Christ into your role.
- Must possess strong written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Must be able to think strategically and creatively, and must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of meeting deadlines, and working with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Trustworthy to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to administrate and to work as part of a team.
- Professional attitude and appearance are required.
- Ability and desire to grow professionally and personally.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer skills on the standard system software.
- Position requires travel (local and occasionally out of state), and at times work in the evenings and weekends.
As part of a multi-location team, your primary programming operations responsibilities will include planning and execution of programming and promotional campaigns or initiatives, music scheduling and record label partnerships, oversight of audience research, and programming of Pillar Media streaming properties. As part of the on-air team, responsibilities will include producing daily on-air and on-line content consistent with the Pillar Media programming philosophy, and collaboration with the Brand Director and the rest of the on-air, programming, and digital team.
- Consistently collaborate with the rest of the on-air, programming, and digital team to help Pillar Media accomplish its goals of higher station ratings, and commercial and fundraising success.
- Collaborate to develop and execute promotional initiatives on Pillar Media stations.
- Have a complete understanding of all systems and processes related to the radio broadcasting and internet streaming functions of all Pillar Media properties.
- Primary liaison between programming, engineering and IT departments to ensure all programming-related equipment and processes remain 100% operational, delivering a top-quality product every day.
- In partnership with the Brand Director, oversee the music structure and music library of all Pillar Media properties, including the selection of music, music scheduling and rotation, and reporting.
- Act as station representative for all Pillar Media stations in existing partnerships with record labels, cultivating relationships that benefit the growth of the radio stations.
- Regularly conduct music research to ascertain what music should be aired/added on each station.
- Give leadership and oversight to all large-scale music and qualitative research projects.
- Oversee the programming for WAWZ HD2 Gospel and WAWZ HD3 Energy, including the creation of opportunities to grow the on-line and terrestrial audiences.
- Monitor programming and activities in compliance with FCC rules and regulations, public affairs, company policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Give leadership and oversight to the Pillar Media traffic, production and public affairs departments.
- As on-air talent, produce a live show/ shift Monday–Friday consistent with Pillar Media programming philosophy of positive and uplifting content aimed at target demo of Christian Women 25-54.
- Produce a voice-tracked show each week for week-end broadcast.
- Consistently execute format structure as directed to achieve audience goals and grow an audience of fans/activists for our brand.
- Dedicate sufficient time for show prep.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Control room equipment, station audio computer network and audio editing software.
- Participate in regular coaching sessions with the Pillar Media Brand Director.
- Production assignments as directed.
- Build awareness and support on and off-air of station-directed initiatives; such as donor or client-focused meetings and communication.
- As directed, arrange schedule to attend and participate in station-sponsored events.
- Meet with sponsor/ clients to prepare and present targeted commercial matter, and endorsement / appearance / remote programming goals.
- Under the direction of the Digital Content Department, generate, edit, publish and share content (i.e.: original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections with listeners on social media.
- Moderate conversations on the station social media platforms.
- On a consistent basis, write, edit and publish content on the station websites.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Organization/What Pillar Media can offer you:
At Pillar Media, our mission is to encourage people into a growing relationship with Jesus through media. We hope for our candidate to share in that same desire by committing themselves to our team!
- An intentional team-building culture that focuses on our Core Values: Teamwork, Excellence, Creativity, Integrity, Authenticity, and Fun!
- The opportunity to work with others in an environment that not only supports but influences personal growth.
- Some flexibility for working from home.
- A full lineup of benefits, including Holiday/PTO/Sick time and a retirement plan.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Voluntary benefits.
- Fair compensation.
- The opportunity to personally engage with listeners and our community. You can be part of a team that is making a difference in someone’s life every day!
Performing this job successfully requires physical demands that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
TO APPLY: Visit https://jobapply.page.link/S1FUi
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.