Job Description: Marketing Specialist
Category: Full-Time, Salary
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pillar Media (Colorado) is expanding and launching two new radio stations! To continue our growth, we’re looking for a strategic thinking, digital savvy, highly motivated sales professional to join our close-knit team. Our ideal candidate is an outgoing individual who has a passion for sales, understands how to help customers grow their business exposure, and recognizes the importance of building long-term, profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who has a strong work ethic with an appreciation for continuous personal and professional development. Most importantly, someone who is a team player and who works well with others – teamwork is one of our core values.
- A proven track record of sales success; meeting and exceeding goals.
- Digital Sales experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of local marketing and digital media.
- Exposed to selling processes consisting of prospecting, rapport building, needs analysis, proposal preparation, in-person presentations, closing, and servicing accounts.
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles.
- Experience with integrative campaigns involving traditional and digital advertising.
- A background in related fields such as copywriting, telemarketing, and customer service.
- Strong skills in planning, communicating, organizing, and developing customer relationships.
The primary responsibility will be to simplify the marketing process for our clients while helping them track the effectiveness of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our clients grow their business exposure to ultimately grow their revenue.
- Selling traditional radio, sponsorships, digital, and other station promotions.
- Identifying prospects by presenting their businesses with solutions to help them meet their goals.
- Setting up appointments.
- Creating and presenting written proposals.
- Closing the sale.
- Collections and servicing the client’s account.
- Acquiring new long-term business partnerships while servicing and growing those relationships.
- Attending mandatory station meetings as necessary. (i.e.: staff meeting, sales meeting, every other week one-on-one with your direct supervisor, and any other mandatory meetings as scheduled.)
What Our Organization Can Offer You
At Pillar Media, our mission is to encourage people into a growing relationship with Jesus through media. We hope for our candidate to share in that same desire by committing themselves to our team!
- An intentional team building culture that focuses on; Teamwork, Excellence, Creativity, Integrity, Authenticity, and Fun!
- The opportunity to work with others in an environment that not only supports but influences personal growth.
- Flexibility with working from home.
- A full line-up of benefits including Holiday/PTO/Sick time and retirement plan.
- Voluntary benefits.
- Competitive pay structure – base salary, plus generous commission percentages. Additional bonuses based on performance.
- Cell phone stipend.
- The opportunity to personally engage with listeners and our community. You can be part of a team that is making a difference in someone’s life every day!
Performing this job successfully requires physical demands that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.