Pillar Media Philanthropy Officer
Pillar Media (STAR 99.1 NJ and STAR 93.3 Cincinnati) is looking for an innovative development professional responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and securing major gifts to Pillar Media. This role functions as part of the Development team, reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and Advancement.
Experience/What We’re Looking For
Our ideal candidate is a strategic and creative thinker with significant fundraising or sales experience. Someone who has the ability and passion to integrate their faith in Christ into their role, and who is a team player and works well with others; teamwork is one of our core values.
- Three to five years’ successful, demonstrated experience in major or planned gift fundraising, or significant comparable work in sales, marketing or other client-management professions. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills, and successful experience in making cold calls.
- Excellent project management skills, and experience in developing clear and concise funding, cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- A demonstrated ability to meet financial goals for major gift giving, with a proven track record of cultivating and securing five-figure gifts and above.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments, multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal supervision.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills.
- Experience with constituent relationship management system, such as Allegiance®, is preferred.
The primary responsibilities, as part of a multi-location and multi-person team, will be to create and implement strategies for major donor relationship management and cultivation. Spending time developing long-term relationships with individual donors and prospects built on a firm understanding of the donors’ interests, passions, and values, all with the purpose of cultivating and attaining five figure gifts or higher.
- Act as primary manager for a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects, in order to move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure, maintaining a balance between discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Identify, cultivate and play lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts, primarily from individual friends and listeners as well as corporations.
- Recommend and implement short, intermediate and long-term strategies for individual prospects, working with leadership to identify and engage prospects to meet established goals.
- Plan and implement events and activities (volunteer experiences, tours, receptions, friend-raisers, etc.) for individual major gift donors, using existing activities as appropriate.
- Engage in networking activities or other opportunities to generate potential prospects for cultivation.
- In collaboration with the team, cultivate and expand planned giving opportunities with new and existing donors, and integrate planned gift objectives into individual major donor requests.
- Work closely with constituents to identify and engage new prospects.
- Work with Development team to develop major gift materials; request information to qualify interest and giving potential.
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve individual performance measures (e.g. meetings, proposals, major gift revenue).
- Assist leadership in the recognition and prioritization of station funding needs; keep abreast of station priorities, programs, personalities and events.
- Track and report relationship management activity using Allegiance® management System, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, proposal submission and stewardship of prospective and current individual major donors. Assist with review and verification of major gift donor recognition lists.
- Maintain knowledge of current tax laws, investments and planned giving opportunities; use knowledge in prospect cultivation and solicitation as appropriate.
- Follow the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics for Fundraisers.
- Participate in regular Development & Program staff and organization-wide meetings, and develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with other team members.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Work may be performed remotely or at either location, at the direction of the Director of Philanthropy and Advancement.
- Position requires travel (local and occasionally out of state), and at times work in the evenings and weekends.
- Performing this job successfully requires physical demands that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Organization/What Pillar Media can offer you.
At Pillar Media, our mission is to encourage people into a growing relationship with Jesus through media. We hope for our candidate to share in that same desire by committing themselves to our team!
- An intentional team-building culture that focuses on our Core Values: Teamwork, Excellence, Creativity, Integrity, Authenticity, and Fun!
- The opportunity to work with others in an environment that not only supports but influences personal growth.
- Some flexibility for working from home.
- A full lineup of benefits, including Holiday/PTO/Sick time and a retirement plan.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Voluntary benefits.
- Fair compensation.
- The opportunity to personally engage with listeners and our community. You can be part of a team that is making a difference in someone’s life every day!
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.