Job Description: Community Engagement Coordinator
Department: Pillar Media – Denver CO Programming
Category: Part-Time, Hourly (20-29 hours/week)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pillar Media (Colorado) is expanding and launching two new radio stations! To continue our growth, we’re looking for an organized, highly interpersonal, self-motivated individual who enjoys facilitating engagement between two parties. As Community Engagement Coordinator you will be on the front lines in meeting the listeners of the radio stations and regarded as the “face” of the radio stations – creating a positive first impression.
Experience/What We’re Looking For:
The following skills are essential to be successful in this role:
- At least two years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in radio production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and acumen.
- Energetic, friendly and tactful professionalism in communications with a diversity of individuals.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability and desire to learn and train for new systems, methods, and procedures.
- Committed team player, also able to work independently.
- Trustworthy to maintain confidentiality.
The primary responsibility is to maintain the station’s visibility in a positive fashion by seeking out community events to be involved in, creating our own events for further listener engagement, and acting as a station representative at public events.
- Target appearance at 8 – 12 community / church events monthly, consistently assessing which events are the most valuable to the radio station and creating the necessary relationships and proposals to get on site.
- Create unique listener experiences at all Pillar Media station appearances.
- Assist in creating and organizing special events and special programs to enhance the station’s public profile.
- Working with the Pillar Media Brand Director and the Pillar Media Director of Programming Operations, design and execute two large scale station sponsored/hosted events annually that increase listener engagement and generate revenue (tickets and/or sponsorship) for the radio station.
- Handle all administrative responsibilities connected to events and appearances, such as processing of prizing, and proper handling of listener names/data.
- Actively recruit, train, and manage station volunteers.
- When needed, represent STAR/Pillar Media on stage at concerts/events as a station spokesperson.
- Manage all of the station event assets (tent, table, branded banners, backdrops, etc.)
- Maintain the inventory of station branded giveaway material, in accordance with stated budget.
- Cultivate outside relationships that foster community partnerships.
- Supervise station vehicles including staff check-in/check-out, maintaining mileage log, and service appointments/DMV certification.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Pillar Media Director of Programming Operations, as well as other meetings necessary to achieve stated goals.
- Perform other duties as needed related to the work described herein, and as assigned by the Pillar Media Director of Programming Operations.
Organization/What Pillar Media Can Offer You:
At Pillar Media, our mission is to encourage people into a growing relationship with Jesus through media. We hope for our candidate to share in that same desire by committing themselves to our team!
- An intentional team building culture that focuses on; Teamwork, Excellence, Creativity, Integrity, Authenticity, and Fun!
- The opportunity to work with others in an environment that not only supports but influences personal growth.
- Flexibility with working from home.
- Voluntary benefits.
- Holiday/PTO/Sick time.
- Retirement plan.
- Fair Compensation.
- The opportunity to personally engage with listeners and our community. You can be part of a team that is making a difference in someone’s life every day!
Performing this job successfully requires physical demands that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.