- Part Time
- Costa Mesa, CA
KWAVE is a commercial radio station licensed with the FCC. Our mission is to faithfully proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through solid Biblical teaching and preaching. Our goal is “equipping the saints for the work of the ministry.” We are a wholly owned ministry of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa.
Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa is a Christ-centered ministry, led by the Holy Spirit. The ministry began with a church located in Costa Mesa, CA and has flourished and expanded into a multifaceted ministry which includes Christian Schools, Christian Conference Centers, a Bible College, a School of Worship, Christian Radio Stations, Christian radio programs, Christian book distribution, and Christian bookstores.
Position Purpose / Summary
As the receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for KWVE Radio. Therefore, it is essential that your demeanor, attitude and presence reflects the love of Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will be a minister of the Gospel in this position and will have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities / Duties / Functions / Tasks
- Agree with and live out the vision and values of CCCM as outlined in the Statement of Faith (www.cccm.com).
- Be an example to those who you come in contact and serve with by exuding the love of Christ.
- Understand that it is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry and that those who serve God on staff at CCCM are expected to embrace a high biblical, Christ-like standard of conduct and lifestyle, both public and personal.
- VOIP phone system operator:
- Answer phone calls and direct to appropriate associates
- Receive and distribute messages
- Assist callers with information regarding programming, events, advertisements and music
- Greet visitors, assist with appointments and notify associates of their arrival
- Organize lobby/reception area
- Respond to K-Wave listener emails
- Maintain copier; paper, cartridges and toner
- Receive and distribute mail/faxes to appropriate associates
- Order approved office supplies/Organize and replenish office supplies
- Maintain K-Wave inner office extension list
- Update advertiser list on K-Wave website
- Update and distribute hard copy of advertiser list
- Update program schedules and addresses of radio programmer’s
- Mac applications knowledgeable: excel, word,
- Create address labels/file folder labels
- Review, calculate and submit Ando Media Sound Exchange transmissions
- Open and Close: Lights, TV, phone, I-pad security system
Interface Opportunities with Various Departments
- Report radio and internet interferences
CCCM Chapel Store:
- Update book quote/reviews
- Pastors Perspective – Call Screening
- Voice over recordings for advertisement commercials
- “Scriptures of the day” format weekly list and distribute to air staff, programming, social media, Administration
Traffic – Wide Orbit Trainee
- Assisting Traffic / Business Manager
Requirements / Qualifications
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, other office equipment.
- Proficient MS Office for Mac software Version 16.54 (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Operate and troubleshoot basic office equipment (i.e. scanner, fax machine, printers, stamp machine)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Able to get along with different personalities within the office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
Education / Experience
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- High School Graduate
Physical Position Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; bend; kneel; climb; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required include soft and loud sounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.