KSBJ Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator (Humble, TX)
The Systems Administrator I, supports the organizations IT infrastructure in addition to technology needs. This position implements, troubleshoots, and manages networks, security systems hardware and software while following industry best practices.
- Install, administer, and troubleshoot network security solutions
- Update software with the latest security patches and ensure the proper defenses are present for each network resource
- Perform vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements (PCI DSS), and recommending improvements
- Monitor network traffic for suspicious behavior
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized modifications, and destruction
- Consulting with staff and manager about the best security practices and providing technical advice
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls, routers, switches, and anti-virus software
- Training staff to understand and use security protocols
- Perform team member duties on small to medium projects
- Monitor, maintain, upgrade, and install systems infrastructure
- Centrally manage all of HMG systems infrastructure
- Perform IT infrastructure support
- Perform periodic system maintenance processes
- Utilize and automate system monitoring
- Keep all documentation and licenses up to date
- Keep all IT systems hardware and software up to date
- Offer some leadership of other IT personnel
- Provide backup and assistance to other members of Technology division
- Automate HMG systems infrastructure
- Automate local and cloud infrastructure with code
- Pray for coworkers in team meetings
- Lead prayer in large group settings as needed
- Pray for donors when called upon to do so
- Use Christian principles to work through conflict as outlined by the Culture tool kit
- Participate in Sharathon, PowerDrive and Thankathon, and pray for donors over the phone as needed
- Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
- Attend weekly Staff Gatherings for prayer and devotions
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or higher in CS, Information Technology or related field
- Cisco CCNA certification minimum, CCNP certification preferred
- Advanced security certifications preferred
- 3-5 years of experience providing IT systems administration support.
- 2-3 years of experience providing IT security support in Cisco, Palo Alto, Watchguard, Snort, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scriptures.
- Possesses a genuine concern for all people, and capacity to relate with all people in a sensitive, respectful way
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
- Must have studied and applied the Christian faith through a minimum of 3 years of bible study
- Ability to offer Christian prayer in group settings
- Exhibit a life and service that is in full accord with Holy Bible and KSBJ
- A love and appreciation for our style of Christian radio ministry
- Has strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems
- Good teaching, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding and use of IT security best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of user privileges and access control and the auditing thereof
- IT security integration and support skills as they relate to modern broadcast equipment
- Monitoring and reporting on system backups for disaster recovery and business continuity
- Demonstrated understanding of virtualization environments such as VMWare, Hyper-V, and Scale computing
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Logical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Strong knowledge of computer networking architecture
- File based workflow and user/operator assistance skills
- Database administration skills
- Office 365 administration/security
- Active Directory management skills
- DNS and DHCP implementation and administration
- Automated monitoring skills such as the use of SNMP
- IIS Server administration and security
- Physical environment monitoring and security
- Familiar with the use of software based diagnostic tools like Wireshark, Solar Winds, IDS, IPS, etc.
- Daily operational incident response
- User privileges and access control and the auditing thereof
- Securing system backups for disaster recovery and business continuity
- Operating systems knowledge such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc.
- Cloud based storage implementation, administration, and security
- Demonstrated understanding IT security tools such as firewalls, IDS, routers, anti-virus, anti-malware, etc.
- Cloud based system security implementation, monitoring, and administration
Working Conditions and Environment
On Call shifts
Occasional, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical activity may include Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees. Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward or outward. Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Medium work. Exerting up to fifty pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to thirty pounds of force frequently, and/or up to ten pounds of force constantly to move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
TO APPLY VISIT WWW.HOPEMEDIAGROUP.COM
To apply for this job please visit WWW.HOPEMEDIAGROUP.COM.