KSBJ Sr. Manager, National Events
Sr. Manager, National Events
The Sr. Manager, National Events encourages our audience to love Jesus, serve others and spread Hope through the oversight and execution of concerts, events, and gatherings that serve HMG’s markets and audience. Leading all aspects of event management, and their respective marketing and promotions initiatives, this role is responsible to ensure safe execution of events, maximize attendance, manage business relationships, and event budgets. This role is also responsible for live production in self-produced events including: FOH, lighting rigs, overseeing of production contractors, sourcing of equipment/vendors, and more.
- Oversee event management, executing all contractual commitments.
- Review, edit and execute all event contracts and riders and ensure appropriate legal review.
- Support the Sr. Director in the execution of the Hope Events business strategy.
- Manage & prioritize competing events and deadlines.
- Ensure project/event budgets are updated and current as required.
- Act as chief liaison for all departments, vendors, and escalated customer issues.
- Select, negotiate, and manage vendor relationships locally and nationally.
- Ensure payment for vendors, following HMG’s accounting process.
- Contribute to the success of company goals and participation in team meetings and organizational projects as needed/assigned.
- Support the Sr. Director with the execution of annual and event budgets ensuring the events stay within approved budgets.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations for tours, self-produced events, and partnerships.
- Knowledgeable and ability to operate and source line arrays, FOH, lighting and other elements necessary for a successful event.
- Ensure the team is following industry standard safety protocol.
- Collaboration with touring, venue, and local labor production teams.
Event Marketing & Promotions
- Partner with HMG Marketing Department to develop strategies designed to increase attendance at events.
- Oversee the effectiveness of all marketing campaigns and expenses executed by the marketing team, including on-air promotional campaigns, live DJ mentions, marketing plans, advertising strategy, media buying, outbound sales efforts, and interactive digital marketing plans
Policies & Procedures
- Understand, document, and execute formal operational procedures for ticketing and events as applicable
- Pray for coworkers in team meetings
- Lead prayer in large group settings as needed
- Pray for donors when called upon to do so
- Use Christian principles to work through conflict as outlined by the Culture tool kit
- Participate in Sharathon, PowerDrive and Thankathon, and pray for donors over the phone as needed
- Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
- Attend weekly Hope Huddle and Prayer Huddle staff gatherings.
- Any other work assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
Minimum 3-5 years concert, event, and/or ticketing management experience
5+ years production experience – touring, production management, FOH, LD
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of concert, production, staging, and ticketing terminology
- Strong professional leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Creative thinker, open to new ideas
- Ability to successfully manage budget
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Strong moral character
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Immediate supervision of a small group of employees. Recommends candidates for hiring, termination; prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews and applies company policies
Working Conditions and Environment
Must have ability for flexible travel arrangements for regular overnight assignments.
Must be available for flexible hours, weekends, and occasional holidays
Must have ability for flexible travel arrangements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
TO APPLY VISIT WWW.HOPEMEDIAGROUP.COM
To apply for this job please visit WWW.HOPEMEDIAGROUP.COM.