The On-Air Host (Fill In) will reports directly to the Assistant Program Director and serves as a member of the Programming Department. Announce radio program and play music based on knowledge of KSBJ listening audience. KSBJ announcers provide items of interest to the audience such as weather and traffic conditions, and may interview guests.
- Fill in On Air Announcer shifts as needed (primarily weekends, evenings, and holidays)
- Accurate board work
- Appropriately respond to a variety of issues that listeners may present
- Any other duties assigned
- Pray for donors when called upon to do so
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. Maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the organization
Requirements and Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year on air experience
- Working knowledge of Zetta, Zetta2Go, VoxPro, Adobe and/or Pro Tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Creative and enthusiastic, team player
- Strong grammatical usage and style
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills
- Knowledgeable, conversant and demonstrates an understanding of KSBJ’s audience and the Christian culture at-large
- Must be a Christian with a strong, demonstrated commitment to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ
- Possesses a genuine concern for all people, and capacity to relate with all people in a sensitive, respectful way
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
- Ability to offer Christian prayer
Working Conditions and Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Activity may include Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
For consideration, you must include Air Check/Voice Demo with at least 5 sample breaks.
Please submit your voice demo to firstname.lastname@example.org with “KSBJ On Air Fill In – (Name)” as Subject of your email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com