KPOF Programming Assistant and Talent
KPOF (Pillar Media -Denver) is looking for an organized, self-motivated, computer-savvy individual to assist in our Programming Department, reporting to the Pillar Media Brand Director.
Experience/What We’re Looking For
Our ideal candidate is a professional individual with radio and technical production experience, as well as in-depth knowledge of station automation and audio production software. We are seeking a team player who works well with others, as teamwork is one of our core values.
- At least two years’ related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in radio production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and acumen, particularly with station production, sales, and traffic software.
- Energetic, friendly, and tactful professionalism in communication with a diversity of individuals.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability and desire to learn and train for new systems, methods, and procedures.
- Committed team player, also able to work independently.
- Trustworthy to maintain confidentiality.
The primary responsibilities will be the consistent creation and production of audio programming elements and commercial advertisements on KPOF, as well as hosting a daily airshift on KPOF.
In addition, this role is responsible for other administrative and programming functions relevant to KPOF, including (but not limited to) maintaining expertise and in-depth knowledge of station automation software, audio production software, KPOF teaching programming, syndication content and advertising.
- Act as off-air producer for daily on-air programming, and programming elements on KPOF and other Pillar Media stations.
- Produce 4-5-hour air shift Monday – Friday consistent with KPOF programming philosophy and target audience, as defined by the Pillar Media Brand Director.
- Consistently execute format structure as directed to achieve audience goals for station ratings, commercial and fundraising success.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Control room equipment, station audio computer network and audio editing software.
- Participate in regular coaching sessions with the Pillar Media Brand Director.
- Assist in maintaining the audio library of KPOF.
- Have a working knowledge of the commercial affidavit system for all Pillar Media programming.
- Produce station commercials and station promos.
- Complete dubbing and other assigned audio production projects.
- Maintain expert understanding and technical proficiency of audio and video editing systems and station automation systems and processes.
- On occasion, perform other relevant operational or creative tasks as assigned by Station Management.
Organization/What Pillar Media can offer you.
At Pillar Media, our mission is to encourage people into a growing relationship with Jesus through media. We hope for our candidate to share in that same desire by committing themselves to our team!
- An intentional team-building culture that focuses on our Core Values: Teamwork, Excellence, Creativity, Integrity, Authenticity, and Fun!
- The opportunity to work with others in an environment that not only supports but influences personal growth.
- Some flexibility for working from home.
- A full lineup of benefits, including Holiday/PTO/Sick time and a retirement plan.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Voluntary benefits.
- Fair compensation.
- The opportunity to personally engage with listeners and our community. You can be part of a team that is making a difference in someone’s life every day!
Performing this job successfully requires physical demands that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Pay Range: $45,000 – $55,000 per year
To apply for this job please visit pillarministries.org.