Pastoral Support Specialist
Thousands of K-LOVE & Air1 listeners reach out to our Pastoral Care team over the phone, through email and social media, looking for prayer and spiritual support. Our team of Pastoral Support Specialists serve as the point of contact for callers, offering support and prayer. If you have a heart for ministry and past experience as a Counselor or Social Work, consider these unique full-time opportunities located in Rocklin, California.
Pastoral Support Specialist
Our team of Pastoral Support Specialists support our pastors, by serving as the first contact for callers, offering support and prayer. The environment is high energy, fast-paced and fast-changing. If you love praying with others and bringing encouragement into people’s lives, this might be the position for you!
Saturday – Wednesday, 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Saturday – Tuesday, 6:00am – 11:00am
*Must be able to work holidays as needed.
As a Pastoral Support Specialist, here are a few things you’d be doing…
- *Answer pastoral phone calls and complete initial intake and assessment.
- *Screen for appropriate support based on caller communication.
- *Pray with listeners without counseling, advising or rebuking.
- *Provide caller resources to assist.
- *From a pastoral support perspective, respond to email, social media and other communication from listeners using brand voice and identity.
- *Specifically, demonstrate an understanding of scripture by including appropriate verses in responses; demonstrating the different tone that accompanies the Air1 voice vs. K-LOVE.
- *Provide crisis call screening and follow-up to all incoming communication channels, working closely with the ministry pastoral team.
*As you can imagine, the nature of our work can get pretty heavy at times, so we like to try to lighten things up. We’ve found that Nerf-gun battles are a great way to let off some steam!
Here’s what we’re looking for…
Minimum of an Associate degree in biblical studies, theology, psychology or equivalent.
- *Minimum 2 years of hands on ministry required. Experience with counseling, social work and or personal coaching a plus.
- *Demonstrate a knowledge of Christian/Biblical approach to spiritual care services.
- *Must be able to demonstrate discernment on spiritual issues and have excellent listening skills.
- *Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of ministry & scripture.
- *Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- *Demonstrated ability to work independently, problem solve and contribute to the Pastoral Care Team.
- *Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), in addition to Social Media forums and smart devices.
- *Minimum keyboard speed of 45 WPM.
- *Ability to multi-task inbound/outbound calls, verbal/written communication, moving forward with accuracy and excellence. *Exhibits versatility and flexibility.
- *Candidates currently residing in the greater Sacramento area preferred.
Apply today: www.klove.com/careers
This opportunity is in Rocklin, CA, on-siteat HQ. We offer a rich compensation package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday for the full time opening. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, personal and professional development opportunities, meaningful work relationships and more.
To apply for this job please visit www.klove.com.