For over 30 years, Spirit, has been an integral part of the fabric of communities from Bakersfield to Fresno. As a Faith Based Non-Profit, God continues to position Spirit in the epicenter of the faith community as a voice of hope to the Central Valley and beyond. Spirit has had the privilege of being woven into countless stories of restoration, redemption, and salvation through Jesus Christ. Every day, thousands of people listen, read, scroll, and view Spirit through radio, social media, apps, or conversations with friends and family. We are humble and grateful for the opportunities God has given Spirit to be a part of the every day for so many throughout the Central Valley.
Our mission has not wavered since 1992, the focus of sharing the Gospel of Jesus with every person, co-worker, neighbor, family member, and community throughout the Central Valley only intensifies as the need for Jesus in the lives of our cities and communities becomes greater. We believe Jesus is the “Hope for the Valley” and we are committed to seeing lives changed through the ministry of Spirit.
The Director of Marketing is key in building relationships with local businesses, organizations, and the community. The overall focus is to share the vision and mission of Spirit, including the ministry opportunities provided by Spirit. Must be intentional in seeking resources and knowledge that supports the continued growth of the Director and Spirit. Responsible for overseeing brand, community relationships, events, and advertising efforts to grow the mission and vision of Spirit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review current marketing trends and advertisements to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies.
- Work with both Programming and Partnerships to develop successful strategies and campaigns that attract new listeners and partners, while deepening relationships with existing listeners and partners.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to make high-level decisions regarding the budget and the direction of Spirit
- Develop marketing strategies for fundraisers, events, concerts, and community gatherings that comply with the mission and vision of Spirit
- Conduct a Needs Analysis for potential and existing marketing campaigns, generating community partnerships based on the community and/or ministry desires discovered during analysis.
- Complete administrative oversight and duties related to Marketing.
- Maintain and process invoices, writing/communicating brand, pulling/sending contracts.
- Responsible for the overall budget of Marketing. Tracking income, and expenses, and maintaining proper accounting of Marketing.
- Meeting and exceeding outcomes related to Partnership growth, as agreed to by
Executive Director and Director of Partnership Development.
- Establish and Maintain reporting that identifies key metrics related to desired outcomes of Director of Partnership Development and the mission and vision of Spirit.
- Support ministry, events, concerts, and Spring and Fall Fundraisers as needed. Includes, but not limited to, planning, collaborating with Spirit team, in-person presence and responsibilities, and overseeing volunteer involvement.
– Simple IRA
– Health Insurance
– Dental/Vision Insurance
– Paid Time Off
Knowledge and Experience (degrees, certifications, software, work experience):
Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing and outside sales or business development. Attention to detail with administrative tasks and documentation. The ability to effectively communicate in purposeful and articulate manner. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable communicating one-on-one and in groups. A highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment. Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (insurable).
Business and/or Marketing related degree and/or vocational education, Mac OS, Windows, and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Photoshop), Excel and Powerpoint; Budgeting, and familiarity with network-based programs (i.e. Monday, Kindful)
To submit an application go to spirit889.com/jobs
To apply for this job please visit spirit889.com.