Operations Director, West Palm Beach, FL
The Operations Director serves as the key member of Local Operations. This position is responsible for all operations to keep the South Florida signals on the air. The OD is responsible for the on-air sound of the station including but not limited to imaging, music, and spot scheduling & production, as well as network programming coordination. Additionally, this position will include personal appearances, concert and local event duties, attendance at industry events, web and IT duties and execution of fund drives. The Operation Director is additionally responsible for ensuring that the EAS and FCC requirements are being met for the station. Hope Media Group the home of KSBJ, WayFM, Vida Unida and NGEN radio. This position resides in West Palm Beach, FL.
- Execute the local implementation of the WAY Media Network Services satellite format to create a properly targeted, strategic, and compelling radio station to maximize audience size, business and donor revenue and ministry impact in the communities that station serves.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the station automation and satellite/internet audio delivery systems and scheduling systems to oversee their trouble-free operation. Also, provide trouble-shooting diagnostics and be able to execute solutions to common problems of these systems. In the event of technical problems or questions, this position is a primary contact for station audio emergencies as situations arise.
- Implementation of Pre, During and Post severe Weather protocol for all South Florida locations.
- Work with Network Content Director and Regional Operations Director to oversee the imaging of station.
- Responsible for keeping signals on the air and responding to off-air alarms.
- The ability to voice and execute all aspects of production, ensuring quality that reflects company standards. This includes, but is not limited to local commercials, LLPs, station event promos, station imaging production and in-studio client recordings as needed.
- Station promo and commercial copywriting as needed.
- Monitors all signals for quality and accuracy of content.
- Maintains communication with the Reg. Engineer on all RF issues.
- Maintains FCC compliance for all signals.
- Assist Traffic Services to ensure spots are loaded into the automation system in a timely manner.
- Assist Chief Operator duties of station served. This includes, but is not limited to, weekly EAS logs and system inspection, online public file maintenance as needed and other duties related to executing and maintaining FCC compliance of station served.
- Runs reports as needed for National operations.
- Keep Regional Operations Director informed at all times regarding all station technical, programming, production, and promotion issues.
- Assist with execution of Support Drive on-air fundraisers and take Phone Zone calls as needed.
- Works with Regional Promotions Director for smooth event operations.
- Pro-actively offer ideas and execute the development and implementation of properly targeted, strategic, and effective promotions, on-air contesting and effective community outreaches that meet local needs and allow WayFM listeners to ensure proper community involvement in the market served.
- Oversees on-site event set-up, including tent, signage, table and/or merchandise booth while representing the station at various promotions and events, live remotes for Churches, Non-Profit Organizations as well as MC duties. All while providing friendly listener interaction.
- Assist with and help maintain strategic content for the station’s websites, social media sites, e-blasts, and other digital media initiatives. Answer listener inquiries through e-mails, social media sites and website per company guidelines.
- Design and oversee printing and purchase of promotional collateral like posters, flyers, tickets, etc.
- Oversee and / or execute photography and video projects.
- Help secure, order and purchase prizes for giveaways and contests.
- Oversee routine vehicle cleaning and maintenance.
- Volunteer recruitment, training, scheduling, and organizing as needed for station concerts and events.
- Pray for coworkers in team meetings or with donors/listeners as needed.
- Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies.
- Attend weekly Hope Huddle and team meetings for prayer and devotions.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. Maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the organization.
- Participate in On-Air fundraising and pray for donors over the phone as needed
- Any other duties assigned.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings and training
- Bachelor’s degree in arts in Communications discipline. (Preferred)
- 5 years of broadcasting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as area promotions and events happen
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bi-lingual English & Spanish (Preferred)
- Highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Audio production skills and use of Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Office, Google-Suite, and Apple.
- Prior radio and radio automation experience.
- Experience with Natural Log, Zeta, Adobe Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience with FTP or similar file transfer protocol software.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute radio station promotions and community outreach events.
- Ability to work independently and/or work well within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and organization skills.
- Attentive to detail and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- General Knowledge operating audio sound board.
- Experienced with Website and Social Media programs like Facebook, Instagram, and other digital media initiatives with the ability to provide content for all.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Heart for Christian ministry.
- Strong moral character.
- Budget management.
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Strong moral character
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture.
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Regularly within metropolitan area. Over-night travel, once per year for entire company get-together.
- Must have flexible schedule to work at station events on evenings and weekends. Promotional Concerts, Events and other Opportunities take place mainly on Nights and Weekends. Nights and weekends are required for this position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Activity may include Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Light work. Exerting up to 65 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
To apply for this job please visit hopemediagroup.com.