HMG Manager, Donor Communications
Manager, Donor Communications
Tapping into the power of traditional and digital communication channels, the Donor Communications Manager connects people more deeply to God by strengthening their relationship with Hope Media Group. Working under the leadership of the Director of Marketing, they’re responsible for successful development, execution, and completion of approved donor communication for all Hope Media Group Brands. Communications include but are not limited to donor email and direct mail campaigns, newsletters, specialty donor mailings, thank you letters, and annual impact reports.
- Understand, support, and share passion of Hope Media Group’s vision and mission through donor communications.
- Manage all aspects of donor communication plan activities such as creating and establishing annual and project specific master timelines; management of concept, graphics, and content through all approval phases to assure brand consistency, integrity and accuracy of messaging, and production and drop date deadlines are met.
- Proofread, edit and author as needed donor communication content to ensure it is consistent with the overall image and vision of Hope Media Group; Provide appropriate quality assurance.
- Coordinate and make recommendations regarding delivery tools such as paper forms, postage, printer, web, social media, mail house, email delivery, telemarketing.
- Collaborate with Data Sciences on effective donor communication campaigns and audience segmentation.
- Regularly produce various types of written donor content including letters, solicitations, newsletters, and fundraising materials.
- Ensure all written content created and shared accurately represents the voice and brand of Hope Media Group and is used to deepen engagement with the donor.
- Print management oversight including establishing and maintaining working relationships with the printer of choice, specialty printers, email and telemarketing vendors through all phases of print.
- Coordinate communication project budget with Director of Donor Engagement, ensuring compliance with approved budget; Recommend and facilitate budget updates as needed.
- Review and approve vendor invoices; Negotiate fees and charges.
- Coordinate with internal teams to properly code data ensuring detailed, accurate and meaningful output and reporting.
- Pray for coworkers in team meetings
- Lead prayer in large group settings as needed
- Pray for donors when called upon to do so
- Use Christian principles to work through conflict as outlined by the Culture tool kit
- Participate in Sharathon, PowerDrive and Thankathon, and pray for donors over the phone as needed
- Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
- Attend weekly Staff Gatherings for prayer and devotions
- Actively participate and engage in ministry wide initiatives like Pledge Drives and Donor Events.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism or similar preferred
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in non-profit communication and/or marketing in a field with customer service.
Bi-lingual Spanish speaking and copywriting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish (including presentation)
- Must be innovative, proactive, and detailed oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners
- The ability to write creatively and persuasively is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and Internet research; Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred; Experience with project management tools a plus.
- Experience working for a ministry and/or non-profit organization is desirable.
- High level of organization and time management in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to establish priorities and handle various tasks simultaneously; perform job under pressure or in critical, time bound, situations while achieving objectives required.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both independently and within a team. Must demonstrate initiative.
Working Conditions and Environment
Local travel as needed
- Occasional as event planner/participant.
- Occasional for conferences or retreats.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Activity may include Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
TO APPLY VISIT WWW.HOPEMEDIAGROUP.COM
To apply for this job please visit WWW.HOPEMEDIAGROUP.COM.