If you have a lot of experience in development and love leading teams to engage people to support ministry work, this might be the perfect role for you. We are looking for someone who is passionate for our mission and knows how to craft and lead a development team from top to bottom.
- Develop vision and strategies that support achieving annual revenue goals.
- Structure and lead teams and staff in support of successfully achieving departmental and organizational goals.
- Oversee the Donor Engagement and Development teams
- Lead the Development Officers and Stewardship Specialists in prospect identification, gift solicitation, portfolio management and connecting donor passion with opportunity
- Grow business support; create and grow Planned Giving program and provide fundraising assistance and stewardship for Hope on Demand and Special Events as needed
- Collaborate across divisions and departments to support accomplishing organizational goals and objectives while providing vision for growth and opportunities.
- Provide leadership, strategy development, inspiration and execution of all annual On-air and off-air funding models & initiatives (including Sharathon, PowerDrive, Generous Justice Campaigns, Year-End and Capital Campaigns) to increase donor support for ministry impact.
- Provide leadership in overseeing communications activities and relationships that promote, enhance, and protect the organizational reputation. The goal must be to advance Hope Media Group’s mission with relevant constituents while increasing awareness and community interaction.
- Collaborate with organization’s leaders and other fundraising professionals on fundraising strategies and initiatives.
- Create and/or oversee fundraising direction for areas including but not limited to:
- Mid and Major Donors
- Donor acquisition efforts (includes on-air fundraising)
- Donor cultivation and stewardship,
- Donor communications
- Donor database management
- Data acquisition and usage
- Capital fundraising efforts
- Legacy giving
- Business development/corporate partnerships
- Third-party fundraising via HMG brand(s)
- Donor events
- Lead role for capital fundraising efforts
- Maintain good relationships and seek opportunities for partnerships with assigned portfolio of donors
- Lead development of non-traditional revenue opportunities
- Seek to create and facilitate cross-departmental synergies for fundraising
- Develop and implement sustainable monetization of digital platform(s)
- Coordinate participation of President and other executives for meeting with major donors and community influencers.
- Create, execute, and improve strategies around various donor communications platforms (mail, email, video, and audio);
- Help create and execute events for donors and potential donors.
- Oversee the Donor Engagement team to maintain efficiencies and increase awareness and support of the organization
- Oversee Donor database management and data acquisition and usage
- Oversee the preparation and management of the budget.
- Ensure accurate reporting to all Donor Officers & Leadership Team.
- Ensure compliance and proper tracking of underwriting and sponsorship opportunities and provide direction as needed.
- Attend and participate in Board meetings, Board retreats, staff meetings, community meetings, etc.
- Pray for coworkers in team meetings
- Lead prayer in large group settings as needed
- Pray for donors when called upon to do so
- Use Christian principles to work through conflict as outlined by the Culture tool kit
- Participate in Sharathon, PowerDrive and Thankathon, and pray for donors over the phone as needed
- Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
- Attend weekly Staff Gatherings for prayer and devotions
- Other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of revenue generating development/fundraising for non-profit organizations
- Preferred radio experience and prior management experience in Christian Ministry environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for Christian Ministry
- Track-record of leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage, influence, and build long-term relationships
- Experience with relational databases
- Expertise with fundraising databases
- Working knowledge of federal and state tax planning favorable to charitable giving (preferred, but not required)
- Must be proactive and innovative
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent in project management and planning skills
- Analytical skills for understanding and implementing revenue generating strategy
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Strong moral character
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
- Immediate supervision over a unit, section or department. Recommends candidates for hiring, termination; prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews and applies company policies.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Multiple trips per year out of town/state
- Local travel as needed
- Occasional as event planner/participant.
- Occasional for conferences or retreats.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Activity may include talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling. Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
If interested, please apply directly at https://hopemediagroup.com/careers/
To apply for this job please visit hopemediagroup.com.