Heartfelt Radio Listener Engagement Specialist
Heartfelt Radio Listener Engagement Specialist
The Listener Engagement Specialist is a person of integrity who loves the Lord, people, and Heartfelt Radio. Is a motivated go-getter passionate about the station and works diligently to connect with donors and the right people at area churches, para-church ministries, and businesses to engage their prayerful and financial support. This tenacious ambassador for Heartfelt Radio is not a novice, but a proven fundraiser who will be rewarded financially as goals are achieved.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reports to the General Manager. Works tenaciously to identify potential donors, sponsors, and grants to aggressively grow revenue for WKJA. Creates marketing and promotional activities at area events and oversees use of the WKJA Event Trailer. Organizes campaigns that lead to listener and donor acquisitions and increased donations. Works to introduce sponsorship opportunities from area churches/ministries, businesses, and listeners and nurtures those relationships for the sustainability and continued growth of Heartfelt Radio. Maintains in an accurate database of listener and donor contacts, and progress with sponsors and churches/ministries.
- DONOR RELATIONS – Develops workable strategies that supports a biblical philosophy of fundraising. Cultivates relationships with new listeners, then engages new and existing listeners to become donors, and converts occasional donors into reoccurring donors to increase the station’s revenue stream and meet its financial goals. Knows how to engage high-end donors to contribute large, memorial, and legacy gifts for the station. Stays in touch with all listeners and donors on a regular basis. Other strategies include the annual Harvest Time Fundraiser, promotions both on air (within FCC and station guidelines) and off air, direct mail, email, newsletters, digital promotions, day sponsorships, print creations, social media maximization, Heartfelt Radio Web Site, and community events.
- SPONSOR RELATIONS – Increases the stations funding by developing sponsorship packages in accordance with Management’s goals and in keeping with FCC regulations for non-commercial content. Nurtures those relationships on an ongoing basis for the benefit of the sponsor and
- CHURCH & PARA CHURCH RELATIONS – Builds and maintains relationships with area pastors and ministry leaders throughout the WKJA listening area. The partnerships will solidify these ministries together with Heartfelt Radio in reaching NE Ohio for Christ. Works toward the goal of having Heartfelt Radio added to church missions’ budgets.
- Fulfills goals established by the General Manager and assists the GM in other assigned duties.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Proven fundraiser with at least five years’ successful experience in major or planned giving fundraising. Has a constant “fire in the belly” to increase revenue for WKJA.
- Understands the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors to develop healthy relationships between them and the media ministry
- Is a consistent listener of Heartfelt Radio who effectively and enthusiastically promotes its programming, mission, and presence in the community
- Exhibits superior leadership skills and works effectively and constructively with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to effectively communicate across denominational and theological distinctions.
- Is driven, creative, and uses persuasive skills to achieve WKJA’s goals
- Excellent organizational abilities being able to manage multiple projects to completion under deadlines.
- Remains calm and in control during stressful situations.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Superior command of English grammar and spelling with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional presentation and public speaking skills.
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft 365, including Teams, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiencies using with financial software, social media, and blog posts.
- Must work collaboratively and harmoniously with supervisor, coworkers, donors, vendors, WKJA listeners, and Christian Healthcare Ministries (CHM) staff, members, and friends of the ministry. Self-directed with the ability to make solid, independent, timely decisions which exhibit discretion and confidentiality
- Willingness to assist others as needed. Likewise, seeks guidance and assistance when necessary.
- Willingness to adapt to a changing work environment and be trained in new processes and procedures.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Committed to prayer in dependence upon God for His leading.
- Competent in presenting the Gospel and leading people to Christ.
- Provides regular follow-up reports on opportunities and projects to the GM.
- Conducts oneself as a growing Christian, maintaining the highest possible standards of ethical and legal business practices, and as outlined at https://chministries.org/how-it-works/who-its-for/ and in CHM Guideline B.
- Conform to the rules and regulations of the ministry as outlined in the CHM employee handbook.
- Expected to occasionally work extended hours and at weekend events.
- Travel up to 50% locally.
- Will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. All employees are expected to work together as a team and contribute as needed and as asked. You may be asked by management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit heartfeltradio.org .