Position Title: Morning Show Co Host/Podcast Host
Department: Broadcast Engagement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hiring Range: TBD Competitive – Relocation Assistance
Location: Tucson, AZ
SUMMARY: The Morning Show Co-host/ Podcast Host encourages and connects interactively with the listener while communicating the centric message of FLC’s ministry by affirming faith, providing hope and encouraging growth in Christ through on air and digital. Develops and presents an engaging morning drive program; makes personal appearances in order to promote the program and the ministry.
- Develops and presents a daily, listener-focused, Christ-centered morning drive program effectively communicates a personal relationship with Christ within the context of FLC’s Statement of Faith; presents a Biblical worldview in the language of our target audience
- Speaks with a voice that connects well with our target audience; demonstrates the ability to create memorable moments causing the listener to become emotionally attached to the on-air product; and identifies what is the “top of mind” of our target audience
- Demonstrates the ability to share on the air from a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Demonstrates a capability of running the board and interacting with the technical environment, including show prep of recorded elements e.g. spots, bits and promos
- Hosts a weekly podcast on specific topics with the over-all goal of helping people live an intentional life in Christ.
- Makes personal appearances; serves as a liaison between the residents of the station’s community of license and Family Life Communications, builds personal relationships with the listener on the air utilizing regular feedback from listeners
- Assists with other announcer functions including, but not limited to, working on-air shifts during FLC’s Fund Drives (includes early mornings and weekend work)
- Maintains 100% compliance with all legal, regulatory and financial requirements including ensuring on-air product is in compliance with all applicable FCC regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven creative, “out-of-the-box” thinker.
- Ability to communicate a Christian worldview in the language of the target audience.
- Must consistently project a high-level of energy and effectively connect with the listener.
- Ability to professionally represent FLC both on-air and in person; requires maturity, poise, and professionalism (includes presenting a professional appearance)
- Ability to quickly (and accurately) record, edit and air listener interactions & commentary
- Strong knowledge of FCC rules and regulations having to do with radio broadcasting
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word & Excel
- Strong production and editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in (internet) research and database use
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) to five (5) years on-air experience as a show host
- Experience using audio editing software such as Adobe Audition and Voxpro
- Basic experience working with the web and social media platforms
- General knowledge & experience using automation systems ( like Zetta)
We offer an exceptional benefit package!
We care about our team and provide a competitive compensation with opportunities for advancement.
Please visit our Career page @ myflr.org to complete an application.
To apply for this job please visit myflr.org.