Radio News Director / Anchor
Family Life Ministries has an opening for a full-time Radio News Director / Anchor. Family Life, in its 66th year of ministry, has plans to build a new world-class headquarters in Corning, NY that will allow for the growth and expansion of our performing arts, events, and Hope & Healing counseling ministry departments, as well as our regional radio network which consists of nearly 70 broadcast signals in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information on Family Life and our future facility, visit https://www.familylife.org/buildingupdate.
The individual chosen to fill this position will have the opportunity of working with a talented team of over 60 staff members. An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work are necessary requirements to fill this position.
Family Life considers partnership with local churches and other Christian organizations and ministries a high priority. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. Previous radio/broadcast news experience required. Send resume, cover letter, and news samples to Director of Radio Operations – Dave Margalotti at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Family Life: POB 506; Bath, NY 14810.
The News Director / Anchor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Family Life’s on-air news product. This position includes supervising full and part time news reporters, and freelance stringers, as well has anchoring a daily live news shift. The News Director / Anchor is a fulltime position that is a part of the Radio Department team and reports directly to the Director of Radio.
An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work, as well as a vibrant, active, and strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ are necessary requirements to fulfill this position. Maintaining a positive Christian testimony, including disciplining oneself, abstaining from all appearance of evil, and regular involvement in a local church are required. Faith, integrity, respect, family, creative excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve all characterize the employees of Family Life.
- Coach, train, and mentor all members of the news team
- Holds weekly meetings to address topics, review policy and procedures, and generate ideas for new content, stories, and features
- Prepares monthly schedule to ensure proper coverage of all shifts
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Write, prepare, and anchor morning newscasts consisting of regional, statewide, national, and international stories
- Ensure that news reporting is fact-based, non-partisan, not sensational or overly graphic, and as often as possible, focused on advancing the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Edit audio and soundbites to use in news broadcast the will enhance our story-telling abilities
- Download, edit, and upload morning weather forecasts for each broadcast region
- Interview guests and experts to enhance our coverage of specific stories
- Write and record voicers to be used in other news shifts
- Research topics and record recurring Real Answers news feature, and ensure that feature is available as a podcast
- Be available for the entire week of our spring and fall Sharathons and work on-air shifts as scheduled
- Participate in One-Day Fund Drive and work on-air shifts as scheduled
- Coordinate with IT Department on monthly maintenance of Local Audio News Folder on network W: drive
- Working with Director of Radio on news programming ideas and overall evaluation of on-air news product
- Assisting with other duties as needed, at the discretion of the Director of Radio“
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com