Industry News Bits Wed 6-29-22
Robert Forbes has joined KLRC/Siloam Springs as Underwriting and Partnerships Coordinator.
KLRC PD Mark Michaels told HisAir, “We are excited to welcome Robert Forbes to the KLRC Team. Robert is leading our Promotions and Business Partnerships (as well as connecting each day on the air with listeners). Robert has a huge heart to help listeners make a positive difference in our community in fun and memorable ways… and has hit the ground running! He also brings a wealth of experience to our team with his past exceptional work at SOS, KTFY/KTSY, and Spirit.”
Forbes still hosts a midday shift on SOS/Radio Las Vegas.
For an amazing 11th time, HLE Radio (Jennings, Louisiana) has been named Radio Station of the Year by the Inspirational Country Music Association. The award was presented during the 27th Annual ICM “Faith, Family & Country” Awards show held at the Biblical Times Theater in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
HLE Program Director Hunter Logan (left) on winning the award told HisAir, “I am so glad to have Steve (Roberson), Brian (Carpenter) and the team with me” to accept the award. Now being heard in 188 countries around the world, HLE Radio listenership has been increasing at an average of 28% since the beginning on 2022. Along with a 24 hour a day offering of the best in Christian Country Music.”
HLE Radio also airs “The Morning Show with Hunter Logan” and the syndicated “Christian Country Countdown with Steve Roberson”, along with other Christian-themed programming. You can listen at hleradio.com
The Butler Music Group & Family Music Group are helping stations CELEBRATE the FREEDOM of our great nation by offering FREE patriotic liners from their artists, and they’ve designed a FREE custom Facebook cover to use.
Download artist liners HERE – Download FB Cover HERE.
Amy Grant will be releasing an expanded anniversary edition of her album Behind the Eyes on September 9th.
Behind the Eyes, was originally released on September 9, 1997. The 25th-anniversary special edition will be fully remastered and include 18 bonus tracks. For a limited time, it will also be available on vinyl.
In support of the special release, Grant will embark on a 25-city tour in September/October with dates being announced soon.
Spotlight Job Opening: Hope 100.7 & 93.7 The Light – Listener Engagement Director
See listing HERE.
Nielsen has released the newest issue of the Audio Today report, profiling how Americans use Broadcast Radio, Podcasts and Streaming, and Satellite Radio. This issue will be distributed to clients only.
With consumption at all-time highs, the audio landscape has never had more potential for advertisers as we emerge from two years of pandemic-altered routines. Audio users are more willing to shop in stores, attend events, work in offices, travel and take on major purchases in the next year.
The report walks through key insights from the Audio Universe:
- 99% of the population can be reached by AUDIO each month (broadcast radio, podcasts, streaming and satellite radio) while broadcast radio alone reaches 93% of adults each month. It continues to reach more Americans every month than any other platform, linear or digital.
- Radio – the original ad-supported audio platform – generates 55% more incremental reach than streaming music, podcasting and satellite radio. It needs to be a centerpiece of any audio marketing campaign looking to build a brand and reach consumers at scale.
- A growing percentage of radio’s audience is listening via encoded streams, with 12% of all the total radio audience among Adults 25-54 currently coming from streaming outlets.
- Radio use spans the bulk of the day, reaching consumers on the path to purchase while they’re away from home and in the car. 70% of all radio use happens out of home, and most of that takes place in the car.
- At the same time, podcast audiences continue to grow, with half of today’s daily users having taken up the habit in the past two years. All genres have seen significant growth over that time, with Music, Leisure and True Crime growing the most. Comedy and News continue to be the most popular genres overall.
Boxer Poet has added Megan Johnson to its radio promo team.
FREE WEBINAR: On Thursday, June 30, at 4:00 p.m. ET, NRB invites you to join Michael Farris, President and CEO of Alliance Defending Freedom, and Nicole Hunt, attorney and Life Issues Analyst for Focus on the Family, for an online conversation on the new legal landscape of pro-life advocacy following the historic Supreme Court decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization.
Stephanie Jenkins 7 years at KWND/Springfield
Mark Chambers 21 years engineer at WPOZ/Orlando
Brian Kerkan 3 year director of engineering at WPOZ/Orlando