Fundraisers this week .. WGTS/Wash DC .. WayFM .. WCLC/Jamestown, TN .. Power of Worship Radio
Baron Wiley from KBRN/Boerne, TX (Boerne Radio 103.9 FM) was honored to be recognized by the Society of San Antonio Radio Broadcasters.
In August 2023 he will be inducted into the San Antonio Radio Hall of Fame. Wiley got his start with the Stronghold Foundation with a Christian Rock Radio Show on the weekends that ran for four years, worked for a Christian Record Label called Rhythm House and True Tunes Records for another four, and then spent 17 years with the Salem Media Group working his way up the ladder from Morning Show Producer, Operations and Program Director, Sales Manager, and then Director of Sales, before joining Boerne Radio in 2020, and then buying that station in 2022.
Pickleball is the fastest growing sport and TWR wants to equip you to take on the world. If you’re attending Momentum next month in Orlando make sure to visit TWR in the CMB Gold Lounge and ask TWR’s John Summerville, Kelly Gilbert, Laura Chase, or Larry Walters about your station potentially partnering with TWR on a Radios for Africa campaign and we’ll give you a TWR pickleball set.
John had the privilege of being in Malawi, Africa earlier this month handing out radios, seeing their eyes well up with appreciation, and recording their stories.
When you give a radio, you give hope.
Salem Media Group released its results for First Quarter 2023.
For the three months ended March 31, 2023 compared to the three months ended March 31, 2022:
- Total revenue increased 1.4% to $63.5 million from $62.6 million;
- Total operating expenses increased 17.4% to $67.7 million from $57.6 million;
- Operating expenses, excluding stock-based compensation expense, debt modification costs, gains and losses on the sale or disposition of assets, impairments, depreciation expense and amortization expense (1) increased 11.4% to $62.1 million from $55.8 million;
- The company had an operating loss of $4.2 million as compared to operating income of $5.0 million;
- The company had a net loss of $5.2 million, or $0.19 net loss per share, compared to net income of $1.7 million, or $0.06 net income per diluted share;
- EBITDA (1) decreased 107.6% to $(0.6) million from $8.2 million; and
- Adjusted EBITDA (1) decreased 79.6% to $1.4 million from $6.8 million.
- Net broadcast revenue decreased 0.2% to $48.3 million from $48.4 million;
- Station Operating Income (“SOI”) (1) decreased 46.4% to $5.5 million from $10.3 million;
- Same Station (1) net broadcast revenue decreased 0.5% to $48.1 million from $48.4 million; and
- Same Station SOI (1) decreased 41.6% to $6.0 million from $10.3 million.
- Digital media revenue increased 2.0% to $10.5 million from $10.3 million;
Programming Note: This Sunday is Mom’s special day! Greg Goodman at Daywind has put together “A Southern Gospel Salute To Mom.”
This includes interviews with many artists and some great mom themed songs. The hour is set up in 3 segments, which allow for (2) three minute local station breaks. The program works for commercial or non-com stations. The Mothers Day special is offered FREE to stations.
Please let Greg know if you plan on airing the special. Ggoodman@Daywind.com
New Job Alert: Hope Media Group is looking for a Content Producer to contribute to the development, distribution and strategic efforts of creating messaging to connect people more deeply to God through Hope Media Group’s brands and platforms.
Check out this opening HERE
Brandon Tatum 1 year at Salem Radio Network
Nancy Rosenblad 23 years at EMF
Mark Hunter 8 years at Truth Broadcasting
KLJJ-LP/Houston celebrates 7 years on the air
Submit your station or label news HERE