Job Title: Chief Engineer
About Us – Orlando’s Z88.3FM is a non-commercial Christian broadcaster serving Orlando and all of Central Florida with eight different stations.
Job Overview – We are looking for chief engineer who would assist with the maintenance of broadcast equipment, maintaining the broadcast systems, and technologies that help our air talent make great radio. Maintain, repair technical, & electronic equipment at the studios and transmitter. Install, monitor and perform maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antenna systems, meters, control systems, and remote equipment, including accurate record keeping.
Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair local computer infrastructure to include local area network, on-air automation system, and office workstations.
- AOIP studio equipment including digital consoles and distribution equipment
- Nautel and GatesAir liquid cooled transmitters
- Knowledge of network technologies LAN/WAN, routers, switches, and TCP/IP, UDP, and local area networking, configuration and troubleshooting of equipment
- Support of broadcast telephone hybrids and recording systems such as VOXPro
- Transmitter sites maintenance including regular visits to sites to check on their health and operational status – ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces
- EAS equipment support, compliance
- Assist in studio, and transmitter site buildouts
- Generator maintenance and operational inspections
- Experience in Windows and Linux based broadcast automation; communicate technical information
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing and distribution of analog, digital & audio-over-IP protocols, EAS, satellite receivers, studio telephones & broadcast IT systems
- Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 50lbs
- Proficiency in basic electronics theory and principles including Ohms law and the ability to read schematics as well as to use test equipment, i.e. Multi-meters, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and field strength meters in troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and repair high-power FM transmitting facilities including troubleshooting down to the component level when practical
- On-call after hours for emergencies or routine maintenance as required
- Knowledge of: building systems, HVAC, electrical, UPS, telephone systems, protocols, applicable FCC rules, logging/documentation & regulations
Preferences: Experience with Rivendell Automation, Axia AoIP, WheatNet, SBE Certification, AS or BS Degree in Electrical Engineer or Broadcast Engineering, HVAC certification, plumbing or electrical licenses.
Z Ministries, Inc. and Central Florida Educational Foundation, Inc., WPOZ-FM/HD, WMYZ-FM/HD, WHYZ-FM/HD, WDOZ-FM, has established religious faith as a qualification for employment, as permitted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Z Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume along with your “statement of faith” to HR Department email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org