The Morning Co-Host and Digital Media Producer is responsible to work with a co-host to develop and execute a Christian-focused morning program that is highly relational and involved with the community in accordance with the directives of the Blue Ridge Broadcasting Program Director and FCC regulations. The Morning Show Hosts will lead the way among the on air team with a minimum of attending 12 station events and 2 donor events a year in order to help build awareness and relationships.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Sets positive example of service and integrity at all times.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the planning, development, and execution of BRB’s morning program and content geared toward the target listening audience
- Responsible for coordinating all elements and features used in the morning program including but not limited to: pre-produced bits, recorded interviews, contests, etc.
- Determine the topics to be addressed on each program, with guidance from the BRB Program Director
- Cultivate a keen knowledge of current events and issues and be able to communicate them conversationally from a Biblical perspective
- Converse with telephone callers, bringing the best out of their contributions for potential use on-air or in social media, via recording
- Follow log parameters for timing and programming content, noting any corrections for programming not aired as listed
- Ensure program content meets the BRB mission statement and philosophy as well as FCC regulations
- Develop a working relationship with community, church, and ministry leaders
- Perform at least twelve (12) station events and two (2) donor events a year and others as requested
- Produce original content for BRB’s various digital platforms and other projects including but not limited to audio, video, and graphic design pieces.
- Collaborate with the BRB Digital and Social Media Content Manager to appropriately produce post and interact with listeners with unique content throughout BRB’s social media platforms.
- Storyboard, capture, and edit videos for ministry use including videos featuring the Morning Show
- Identify, prepare, and upload content for web pages as instructed by the Program Director
- Produce a 15 minute weekly community affairs program with other morning show co-host
- Effectively communicate with multiple team people
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Attend weekly morning show meetings with the Program Director and other Morning Show Co-Host
Participate in regular coaching sessions as provided by leadership for personal and professional growth
Participate in regular brainstorming sessions with the Programming and Promotions team
Maintain a thorough understanding of all technical systems needed to produce a live and recorded on-air shift
Perform all other tasks as assigned
- Reports to the Program Director
- Collaborates daily with the Morning Show Co-Host and works closely with the Digital Media Content Manager and Creative Director
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in on-air and audio/video production work
- Demonstrated ability as an effective air personality
- Ability to implement BRB’s philosophy for the radio broadcast regardless of own opinions with a willingness to share personal testimony and to convey Christian viewpoints consistent with BRB’s Mission Statement and Statement of Faith
- Ability to convey complex ideas in simple, direct language
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Ability to properly represent BRB in public settings in performance and appearance
- Familiarity with studio equipment, operations and techniques
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to organize time and resources
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to use basic math skills
- Ability to follow directions
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS
- Ability to make quick decisions regarding content and music, and exercise sound judgment with a minimum of supervision
- Comfort with making public appearances and interacting with large crowds
- Ability to concentrate and work productively while under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to tolerate extended periods of sitting
- Ability to work alone for extended periods of time
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work early mornings, holiday, and weekend shifts as needed
- Must possess integrity, loyalty and a positive attitude
- Work closely with other people in a variety of work settings
- Work under stress and pressure
- Technical equipment in confined spaces
To apply for this job please visit bgea.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.