WIHS currently has these openings:
Radio Station Professional Broadcast Manager (full-time)
Job Opening: Professional Broadcast Manager for non-profit Christian Radio Station WIHS, 104.9 FM, Middletown, CT,
Position : Full time , salaried, at-will employee
Reports to: Connecticut Radio Fellowship, Inc. Board of Directors
Objectives of Position:
- Responsible for implementing the policies and decisions of the Board
- Manage the day-to-day operations of WIHS
- Supervise all staff (both paid and volunteer)
- Responsible to ensure FCC compliance
- Strategically advance the mission and purpose of WIHS
Primary representative of the station for Community and Public Affairs
- Mature committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Energetic in style who manages in a disciplined, yet flexible manner and committed to being a servant-leader.
- Has experience and competence in radio station operations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of FCC and other regulatory requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting, philanthropy, public relations, or related field is expected, however, comparable experience may be acceptable.
- Exhibit strong skills in interpersonal communication, writing, public speaking, publishing, and capable of representing the station in public forums.
- Must be in agreement with, and affirm, the conservative evangelical Christian faith as expressed in the station’s mission statement and statement of fa
- A record of accomplishment of successful station management in non-commercial Christian radio is preferred but not required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Station Operations
- Responsible for directing the day-to-day and long-range outreach efforts of the radio station, which includes, but is not limited to, the creative positioning of the station to the local community and relationship building with area religious leadership and served communities.
- Fosters developing partnerships with selected national programmers.
- Responsible for developing sustainable financial support from the greater Christian community.
- Responsible for establishing and sustaining a culture of excellence in the station’s on-air broadcasting activities.
- The position oversees all aspects of station operations, promotions, programming, music and daily broadcast operations, technical, engineering, physical plant, and administration.
- Will be responsible to recruit, train and develop the staff, motivate personnel, meet budgetary goals.
- Responsible to protect and enhance the value of the station’s FCC license.
- Responsible to develop local content for broadcast purposes and oversees the digital media communications of the station.
- The manager will have limited on-air duties and be responsible for the station’s written communications.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, references and financial expectations, together with any supporting materials to:
Connecticut Radio Fellowship
c/o Diane Bennett, CRF Secretary
1933 South Main St
Middletown, CT 06457
OR email to: [email protected]
Further information about the Broadcast Manager position will be provided upon receipt of the above-requested information. Further information about the station may be found at the web site: www.wihsradio.org
Assistant to the Chief Engineer (part-time)
Responsibilities include participating in a major studio upgrade project, helping to install, upgrade and/or repair RF and audio broadcast systems and associated equipment. Also helping to maintain Windows-based computer systems and network equipment. Familiarity with Enco DAD automation and AMBOS audio delivery systems is a plus. Availability for emergency needs is expected. Weekly work schedules (days and hours) are flexible. Send resume with education and work experience to GJ Gerard, General Manager, at [email protected] or mail materials to him using the station address.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com