Director of Video and Creative Marketing
|FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt||Reports To: Chief Executive Officer|
WGTS 91.9 is a Federal Communications Commission licensed noncommercial radio station operated by Atlantic Gateway Communications, Inc., (AGC) which is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Responsible for creative marketing projects in different types of mediums and outlets. Researches the effectiveness of the various marketing projects and refining before executing the next round, thereby making the marketing more and more effective. Responsible for managing and coordinating a team of people in video and creative marketing. Responsible for writing, creating, editing and producing various video projects, which promote and enhance the mission of the media ministry. Represents the ministry to the community in a variety of different ways – in person and on site.
- Engaging various team members in writing, acting, and sharing in multimedia video projects.
- Managing and coordinating team members in the creation and delivery of media projects to support the mission of WGTS 91.9.
- Produce, write, record, and edit (using professional level video editing software) short-feature programs, interviews, documentaries and more in a strategic way to enhance the effectiveness of the overall mission of WGTS 91.9.
- Conduct interviews with varied talent abilities in studio and via Internet. Prepare and edit interviews for on-air use and online distribution.
- Research and stay up-to-date on the most current digital marketing trends and possibilities, making written proposals to management on potential creative ways of marketing WGTS 91.9 and our various outreach methods.
- Build and create simple-to-operate in-studio remote video system for recording and for live online distribution. Remote cameras. Switcher. Graphics insertion. On-the-fly editing.
- Manage the visual set, technical setup, online services and produces live visual programs and segment; for example, PrayerWorks Live Online with our chaplain interacting in a webinar fashion with participants.
- Regularly craft and implement various types of marketing and mission-related content for the WGTS 91.9 website, app and social media using stills, video, and graphic design.
- Determine what type of equipment to purchase for the many and varied types of videos (recorded and live) and marketing work responsible for.
- Write and create visual reports on the ministry of WGTS 91.9 to share with major donors and board members.
- Other in-house visual work (video, PowerPoint, various distribution platforms like Sway from Microsoft.)
- Work with various department heads of WGTS 91.9 prioritizing needs, deciding what requests to say yes to and which to decline.
- Represent station at industry and community functions and events.
- Be present and collect visuals (still and video) at various WGTS 91.9 community functions and events, including schools, churches, and community organizations.
- Develop, produce, and distribute written, video, audio, and graphic content daily via a variety of social media platforms and websites.
- Communicate via email, phone and in person with financial donors, and people of influence.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in related field.
- Two or more years of general marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of video production (writing, creative, shooting, editing), and creative camera work.
- Superior command of English grammar and spelling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
- Exceptional creative script writing skills
Mathematical and Technology Skills
- Deep knowledge of video editing software and image editing software
- Ability to learn new software packages
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft 365, including Teams, Excel, and PowerPoint
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exhibits superior leadership skills and works effectively and constructively with a wide variety of people from many backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to effectively communicate across denominational and theological distinctions
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Possesses innate capacity for planning and organizing
- Remains calm and in control during stressful situations
- Attention to detail and reliability
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee occasionally be called upon and must be able to work extended hours when needed for events and other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel: up to 50% locally
To apply for this job please visit https://www.wgts919.com/who-we-are/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.wgts919.com.