Director of Promotions and Community Engagement
The Director of Promotions and Community Engagement oversees WGTS 91.9’s overall community engagement strategy and provides direction to community initiatives, the Hands & Heart Volunteer team and internship program. This role supports the overall media ministry in several different areas including but not limited to promotions, fundraising, programming, spiritual care and administration.
- Designs and implements the overall strategy for promotions, events, and volunteer initiatives.
- Maintains WGTS 91.9’s visibility through regular outreach, community engagements and partner meetings.
- Collaborates with leadership team to ensure strategic alignment across all initiatives.
- Creates sustainable partnerships with community organizations, local churches, industry, and community leaders.
- Identifies needs, analyzes trends and leads responsive outreach for the station and volunteers.
- Facilitates and executes all community events such as Summer Concert Series, Sticker Stops, Ice Cream Stops.
- Coordinates community events for and in conjunction with Programming and Public Relations/Marketing.
- Serves as spokesperson for WGTS 91.9 at partner meetings and events as requested.
- Provides regular follow-up reporting to leadership team.
- Negotiates and ratifies contracts as requested.
- Manages departmental budget, ensuring fiscal accountability.
- Maintains resources related to internal and external promotional events.
- Supervises interns as assigned.
- Organizes and supervises all aspects of the Hands & Heart Volunteer Program including recruiting and screening, uniforms and tools, and coordinating training and attendance at community events.
- Maintains brand consistency across all on- and off-air communications.
- Assists in fundraising activities as required.
- Participates and/or leads departmental or organization meetings.
- Fosters an environment of professional development.
- Contributes to the broader WGTS team effort to encourage our listeners to take one step closer to Christ.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in promotions and/or community relations
- Additional education/credentialing preferred
- Radio or media experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience supporting teams in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated exceptional planning and multi-tasking ability
- Superior command of English grammar and spelling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
Mathematical and Technology Skills
- Basic understanding of how to operate standard business equipment
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft 365, including Teams
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Available to have a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on a team and independently
- Attention to detail and reliability
- Must have and maintain a driver’s license and a clean driving record
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel: up to 50%
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.