Location: Anderson, IN
Reports to: Station Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Individual Contributor
Full-time or Part-time: Part Time
To assist the morning team with every possible tool that helps them perform at the highest level to serve our audience well.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Scheduling/Guest Information: assist team in scheduling mutually agreed upon guests for morning program, including, but not limited to:
- Setting dates and times
- Getting bio/background info and articles that might be helpful
- Confirming interviews the day prior to appearance
- Keeping the master show calendar
- Call and prep guests day of, in a timely manner
- Audio Editing
- Grab KEY audio in the midst of the program to use later in the program.
- Find and edit KEY audio from the program to post on FB, website or other locations.
- Social Media Presence
- Help maintain an active social media presence by posting daily audio, cited articles, books or guests to enhance the online engagement by listeners.
- Resources: assist the team in the midst of the program by tracking down data, articles, supporting materials, etc. that help with the interview or conversation
- Screen Callers: this is an “art” in itself. More training available for this.
- Watch the Clock: with a new clock coming into play, create a communication mechanism with the team to help keep them on time and on top of the clock requirements.
- Coordinate prize detail with the administrative office.
- Perform related and special duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong verbal communicator / Gifted storyteller
- Skilled at unpacking current issues and trends from a Biblical perspective
- Voice tracking / hosting experience
- Possess a growing relationship with Jesus and be able to effectively communicate spiritual truths.
- Able to work in the US legally, without sponsorship
- Some College
- Broadcast Experience
Moody Bible Institute is a Christian-based Higher Education and Media Ministry. We exist to equip people with the Truth of God’s Word. If you are mission-minded, and have a servant’s heart, join us as we look to further impact the Kingdom of God.
This role routinely uses standard office and broadcast equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This is a Part-time position: Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Candidates must align with MBI’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards.
We comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and any other applicable legally protected category. As a religious institution, we have the right to, and do, require that employees hold beliefs consistent with our Doctrinal Statement and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs, including as explained in our Community Standards.
To review you fairly, please remove birthdates and graduation dates from your resume.
Please apply online at www.moodybible.org/careers!
To apply for this job please visit www.moodybible.org.