WBVM Spirit FM 90.5
Director of Development and Underwriting
Send letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline: until filled
General Description: With a spirit of evangelization and joy, the Director of Development and Underwriting leads fundraising strategies for Spirit FM to ensure sustainability of the ministry. This position is responsible for implementing programs that secure funds for operational expenses each year. Additionally, this position is tasked with increasing annual revenue and fostering new donors. The individual collaborates with the Station Manager, Promotions Director, Program Director, and announcers to develop on air presentations that promote gift-giving, business support, and partner relationships.
- Oversee the annual fundraisers; establish through industry norms, trend duration, and style of on-air presentations in collaboration with station management;
- Coordinate volunteers for fundraisers and special events;
- Establish new contacts and follow up new leads with commercial and non-commercial donors of WBVM while building underwriter/station relationships; Follow-up on existing clients through sales calls and correspondence
- Create and update rate card for dayparts and programs; understand latest market trends in sales and implement accordingly;
- Collaborate with DOSP Stewardship Office and Catholic Charities to identify, apply and obtain grants, sponsorships and other funding sources for operations and special events;
- Assist in the creation of long-term funds including endowments and scholarship accounts;
- Assist in creating ways to generate revenue sponsorships through various other fund raisers including station concerts, conferences, and promotional events or any other events necessary to the station;
- Oversee the communication vehicles and software processing (Allegiance) used to connect with donors including direct mail, personal notes, email and other electronic media, media releases, letters, and emerging technologies etc.;
- Identify and establish all ways of payments and donations including but not limited to direct mail, online giving, church appeals, and text to give;
- Establish new relationships with potential donors and grow relationships with current donors;
- Create new ways to generate revenue through various other fund raisers including special events, Women’s conference etc.;
- Coordinate with Station Manager, Program Director and Promotion Director in public relations including public events, church visits, creating press releases, etc.
- Establish annual appreciation event for volunteers, steering committees, and business underwriters
- Work with local and national business and organizations to obtain on-air giveaways;
- Other duties assigned by either station management or Diocese of St. Petersburg;
The Director of Development and Underwriting must have a clear vision of the goals and mission of WBVM and the Diocese of St. Petersburg. The individual must be able to communicate the goals for the station and for the Development and Underwriting Department.
- Mostly office setting, although occasionally outdoors on live remote.
- Professional attire in accordance Pastoral Center policies required.
- Occasional lifting required (typically under 30 pounds).
Qualities and Skills:
- High School Diploma with at least three years of experience in successful fundraising and development. Prefer: Bachelor Degree with at least two year experience in radio or television marketing. Five years of experience in non-profit fundraising and management including all aspects of overseeing pledge drives, campaigns, and special events.
- Experience in using Allegiance software or comparable fundraising software is essential. Graphic artist design and certification as a Non Profit Executive (CFRE) a plus.
- Must have understanding of budget principles and work within those parameters. Ability to work independently and be available when called upon.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org