WBVM Spirit FM 90.5
Director of Development and Fundraising
General Description: With a spirit of evangelization and joy, the intent of the Director of Development and Fundraising position is to assist the Station Manager in the oversight of all aspects of income to WBVM. The individual will work closely with the Station Manager and Underwriting Account Executives in establishing strategies and implementing programs that will increase current giving and foster new donors. The individual shall collaborate with the Promotions Director, Program Director and Underwriting Associates and announcers in on air presentations and development of gifts as well as proper execution of grants or other programs within the community.
- Oversee the annual fundraisers; establish through industry norms, trend duration, and style of on-air presentations in collaboration with station management;
- Coordination of volunteers for fundraisers and special events;
- Work with Underwriting Account Executives, DOSP Stewardship Office, Catholic Charities to identify, apply and obtain grants, sponsorships and other funding sources for operations and special events;
- Assist in the creation of long-term funds including endowments and scholarship accounts;
- Oversee the communication vehicles and software processing (Allegiance) used to connect with donors including direct mail, personal notes, email and other electronic media, media releases, letters, and emerging technologies etc.;
- Identify and establish all ways of payments and donations including but not limited to direct mail, online giving, church appeals, and text to give;
- Establish new relationships with potential donors and grow relationships with current donors;
- Creation of new ways to generate revenue through various other fund raisers including special events, Women’s conference etc.;
- Coordinate with Station Manager, Program Director and Promotion Director in public relations including public events, church visits, creating press releases, etc.
- Establish annual appreciation event for volunteers, steering committees, and work with Underwriter Account Executive in business underwriter event;
- Work with local and national business and organizations to obtain on-air giveaways;
- Other duties assigned by either station management or Diocese of St. Petersburg;
The Director of Development and Fundraising must have a clear vision of the goals and mission of WBVM and the Diocese of St. Petersburg. The individual must be able to communicate the goals for the station and for the Development and Fundraising Department.
- Mostly office setting, although occasionally outdoors on live remote.
- Professional attire in accordance Pastoral Center policies required.
- Occasional lifting required (typically under 50 pounds).
Qualities and Skills:
- High School Diploma with at least three years of experience in successful fundraising and development. Prefer: Bachelor Degree with at least two year experience in radio or television marketing. Five years of experience in non-profit fundraising and management including all aspects of overseeing pledge drives, campaigns, and special events.
- Experience in using Allegiance software or comparable fundraising software is essential. Graphic artist design and certification as a Non Profit Executive (CFRE) a plus.
- Must have understanding of budget principles and work within those parameters. Ability to work independently and be available when called upon.
Email resume, letter and references to John Morris: [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit myspiritfm.com.