INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY HELP DESK – 92018
Truth For Life (TFL) communicates the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. This evangelistic effort is enabled by various technologies that are supported by the Information Technology Helpdesk. As a key member of TFL, this position is responsible for providing front-line support to IT infrastructure including employee Macs and PCs, basic training and support, documentation and donor management software support.
In this role, you will provide first-level IT support for employees for their computer and any TFL-provided software by listening to the person and analyzing their requirements, ultimately working through a process to resolve their issue. You will also provide on-going maintenance and setup best practices to ensure that our employee hardware and software is running at its best. You may also be installing hardware and software solutions and coordinating with our IT vendor in submitting tickets for issue resolution. You will also provide first-level support for our donor management system for our employees. You may also run day-to-day procedures for our donor management system, mail file, database maintenance tasks, security system maintenance and more depending on skillset.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking help with an issue on their PC, Mac, mobile device, TFL-provided software or other TFL-specific hardware or services
- Provide support through troubleshooting techniques, diagnostic questions, face-to-face meetings with the employee and other available or defined processes
- Determine the best resolution for the issue and where needed, implement that solution or coordinate with IT Manager or TFL vendors to implement the solution
- Meet internally defined SLA guidance and KPIs to provide timely and efficient support
- Escalate issues or unresolved support requests as needed to the IT Manager
- Record all open issues, status items and resolution documentation into tickets assigned in help desk solution
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software by analyzing issues for severity and timeliness and prioritizing responses as needed
- Document internal IT procedures
- Put together, with collaboration from IT manager, documentation and procedures for employees and IT staff on entering and maintaining tickets within the helpdesk ticketing and tracking system
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Proactively provide feedback on frequent issues and suggestions for possible improvement with IT Manager and other teams
- As part of growth for the role, may take on smaller development projects with SQL or .NET programming as appropriate
- Manages small sized projects according to pre-defined budgets and schedules as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Basic Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field
- 2 years of relevant technical experience or demonstrated success in a help desk role
- Experience working in and in support of a small to medium sized network of servers, desktop systems and communications devices using current technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows desktop products and familiarity with Windows servers and networks
- Demonstrated working knowledge of network protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to organize and deliver training of basic IT concepts to users.
- Ability to negotiate hardware/software service and technical support needs in conjunction with IT Manager.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate well throughout system outages, procedure changes and upgrades.
- Well-developed verbal and written communications.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered in all situations
- Experience with .NET programming and SQL a plus.
- Experience with macOS and other Apple devices is a necessity.
- Evening and weekends work is required on occasion.
To apply: https://www.truthforlife.org/about/our-team/jointheteam/#helpdesk
To apply for this job please visit www.truthforlife.org.