On Air Personality / Promotions Assistant
The House FM has an opening for an On Air Personality with additional Promotions responsibilities at the non-profit organization’s new studio in Oklahoma City (Edmond), Oklahoma. The On Air shift will be determined upon experience and current on-air need. The House FM is “Faith, Family, Fun” and is looking for another team member to communicate these values to a wide audience in Oklahoma, Southern Kansas and our Internet ministry. Promotions responsibilities would include assisting with scheduling and fulfilling appearances and being a “face” for The House in the Oklahoma City Metro.
This is a full-time position, ideal for:
- Entry level professionals desiring a full-time position with radio experience
- Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, perform radio announcing, program hosting, and when necessary, radio control board operations/production, delivering quality content to radio listeners in the afternoons.
- Establish and maintain a listener-focused mission of creating a daily show that reaches out to listeners as a trusted voice and friend, helping them take the next step in their walk with Christ.
- Serve as the primary personality for a House FM daily shift (with the option for an additionally assigned weekend shift), handling all primary radio host roles
- Provide extensive daily show preparation, using the filter of Family and Fun and being all-in for station promotions on-air
- Provide creative ideas to encourage listener interaction, developing contests, engaging topics
- Maintain a vibrant, personal, social media presence that reinforces content delivered on the air
- Represents the station in handling feedback, suggestions, and complaints from listeners
- Provide voice-overs for production efforts as assigned
- As directed, write and creatively produce stewardship, fundraising, promotional and other announcements and production material which communicates the mission and vision of the network
- Assist the Promotions Director and actively participate in promotional and ministry personal appearances and outside meetings as assigned
- Follow the established content policies of The House FM & The House of Praise
- Regularly receive feedback and coaching from station leadership and other industry professionals, resulting in stronger on-air connection with listeners
- Perform related and special duties as assigned upon discussion
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong creative skills
- Must have solid production skills and a strong working knowledge of studio audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution, including on-air digital systems.
- Knowledge of the format and audience required
- Excellent on-air voice with demonstrated track record required
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment
- Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to: [email protected]. The House FM and The House of Praise are non-profit, Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Benefits include: 100% paid family health insurance; an 80% HRA reimbursement policy for out-of-pocket expenses for medical, dental and vision costs; paid vacation; 8 paid holidays; and a 6% monthly company contribution to a Simplified Employee Pension Plan.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org