Salem Media Group/Philadelphia (Philadelphia’s AM 990 The Answer and WFIL 560AM Philadelphia’s Christian Radio) has an opening for an Operations Director.
The Operations Director will oversee the day-to-day operations of two terrestrial radio stations, two online streams and supporting systems.
- Maintain operation of current ENCO automation system and to be installed Wide Orbit automation system, including, but not limited to, creating and assigning of hourly/daily templates, recording of daily programs, feeds, etc.
- Program satellite receivers for program broadcast.
- Be on-call to act as a first responder to correct off-air incidents involving automation
- Oversee and coordinate the daily operations of production and programming to ensure deadlines are met.
- Jointly responsible, with Program Director, for the recruitment of board operators.
- Responsible for training, supervision, and scheduling of board operators.
- Build out operational backup plans/procedures to insure consistent, quality programming.
- Ensure compliance with Sponsorship identifications, pre-record disclaimers and all FCC rules, regulations and Salem Media Group policies.
- Provide backup to essential programming personnel.
- Experience in radio operations.
- Knowledge of digital automation systems (ENCO & Wide Orbit knowledge a plus).
- Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of radio communications facilities and distribution systems.
- Knowledge of on-air and remote broadcasting procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot, be solution minded, and work in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing and scheduling work assignments.
- A positive and energetic style, ownership of work with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
To apply, visit SalemMedia.com, click on the Careers tab and search for the Operations Director Philadelphia position. Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit SalemMedia.com.