Salem Nashville, part of the Salem Media Group, is offering an EXCEPTIONAL opportunity for a qualified Local Sales Manager for Nashville’s top-rated 94 FM The Fish and Nashville’s Salem Surround digital division.
Salem Local Sales Managers are high-energy, proactive marketing and sales professionals who are “black belts” in using digital advertising, broadcast media and events for the good and growth of local businesses. Imperatives include maximizing revenue potential within the market and attaining each month’s sales team revenue goals. The LSM will engage in all levels of sales activity, personally making direct sales calls on area business owners with the goal of offering solutions designed for growth. Additionally, the LSM will coach and lead other media strategists (account reps) as they seek to further develop and serve new and existing advertising and promotional customers.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated the ability to exceed financial/budget goals; hire, train and motivate sales talent; and protect/enhance the value of the station’s FCC license.
For consideration, candidates must have a track record of at least five years’ experience successfully managing sales departments in a comparable market. Knowledge and skills in developing local direct conceptual sales is essential. Familiarity with the religious and conservative core audience, its issues and concerns, is preferred. Career stability and the ability to recruit, train and grow sales talent are essential.
Other essential qualities include:
- The ability to model-by-doing, high-integrity sales leadership
- Professional with a positive and energetic style
- Strong character integrity who approaches management in a disciplined yet flexible manner
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook software
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability and desire to be detail oriented
- Poised under pressure; able to handle multiple challenges simultaneously
- Must have an excellent driving record with valid driver’s license
- Primary work days Monday – Friday, with some weekend work required
Salem Media Group offers countless opportunities for advancement and growth. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including paid holidays and paid vacation.
If you possess these qualifications and find this opportunity intriguing…
Please apply at www.salemmedia.com
Click on Careers / Company Location / Nashville and apply online with a resume and cover letter.
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a certified “Best Place to Work”.
To apply for this job please visit www.salemmedia.com.