Salem Media Group in Sacramento, CA. is currently seeking a Program Director 710AM KFIA THE WORD and 105.7FM THE WORD, AM 1380 THE ANSWER KTKZ, MONEY 105.5FM KSAC, AND 103.9 FM KKFS, THE FISH radio stations.
The Program Director will be responsible for all aspects of programming including; music scheduling, program coordination, coaching on-air staff, station strategy, development/execution of promotions, website & revenue generation, and have a strong customer service approach towards listeners, staff, & sales. Candidate will report to the Market Manager.
• Provide leadership and oversight in the execution of an excellent on-air sound and image for the station, with a goal of growing and expanding audience engagement and response.
• Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and Salem Media Group policies.
• Be responsible for the training, supervision, and scheduling of programming personnel.
• Perform on-air as a station personality either live or via voice tracking.
• Appear at station events, remotes as a friendly “face” of the station when needed or as required.
• Work with station voiceover talent to create and produce station imaging and promos.
• Manage the daily functioning of automated program delivery resulting in a consistent, “tight,” on-air product. A station sound with minimal if any episodes of “dead air“ or “audio collisions.”
• Be organized and able to create systems to accomplish an excellent on-air sound.
• Coordinate digital audio streaming processes including web and app based systems.
• Work with sales staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
• Work with sales staff on production of commercial “spots.”
• Work with brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
• Work with station promotions director to maximize all promotional aspects for the stations along with all digital assets including websites; social media presence; and other emerging technologies.
• Several years of experience in radio programming/production/operations management is vital.
• Knowledge of digital automation systems
• Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
• Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC; Microsoft Office; etc.)
• Ability to solve problems with creativity.
• Ability to understand and program to the Spoken Word and CCM/CTT listening audience.
• A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer
To Apply Go HERE.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.