Salem Media Group has an exceptional opportunity for a Radio Broadcasting Engineer in our high profile Philadelphia cluster of stations: WFIL (AM560 – Philadelphia’s Christian Radio) and WNTP (News Talk 990AM) – serving Christian and Conservative audiences.
- Handle the installation, maintenance and legal operation of all audio, electronic and broadcast transmitting equipment necessary for the stations to function
- Monitor the overall technical operation of the stations to insure compliance with FCC, Federal, EPA, OSHA, State and local regulations
- Execute maintenance and repair and/or coordinate maintenance and repair for station office, studios and transmitter facilities
- Instruct and assist operators in the proper operation of the station’s broadcast equipment, FCC procedures and requirements, and any computer equipment necessary for the operators to perform their required duties
- Readily demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with department heads to promote the company’s interests and success
- Strive to enhance the efficiency of the engineering and technical operation
- Oversee remote broadcasts and personal appearances where electronic equipment is involved.
- Maintain the public file and complete all applicable reports
- Responsible to follow all Salem policies & procedures
- Reports directly to the General Manager
- High power AM transmitter experience
- Knowledge of directional and non-directional AM Arrays
- SBE certification
- 3 + years’ experience
- Knowledge of ENCO automation system preferred
- This position requires around-the- clock response to equipment problems and outages.
- This is a physically demanding position. Position requires frequent physical exertion including standing, crawling, fitting into tight spaces, climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting and carrying materials and equipment weighing 50-100 pounds
- Valid driver’s license required
To apply, visit www.SalemMedia.com, click on the Careers tab and search for the Chief Engineer-Philadelphia position
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.SalemMedia.com.