NGEN Afternoon Show Host
The Afternoon Show Host is responsible for effectively engaging NGEN listeners through a live radio show. This position reports directly to the NGEN Program Director. The Afternoon Show Host creates and executes a compelling, interactive, listener focused daily radio show with partner and fosters a memorable on and off-air persona with remarkable qualities. The areas of responsibility include audio and visual content for all distribution channels, live phone calls, relatable topics, promotional and interactive videos, skype calls, social media interaction, live events, benchmarks and is responsible for the afternoon shows, show prep.
On Air Show
• Create an on-air experience that draws listeners in and builds on fan base
• Confidently share spiritual truth and faith in context that is easy to understand
• Run live board for Afternoon on-air show
• Create compelling content for afternoon show that connects with our target audience of 18 – 24-year-old female listeners
• Effectively prep for and schedule artist and listener interviews and engagement opportunities
• Sole-responsibility for show prep of afternoon show
• Create a unique and memorable on and off-air persona
• Engage with audience via phone calls, social media, live broadcasts and events
• Create on and off air promotional opportunities
• Create and produce 2 new NGEN Benchmark spots that will be updated every 1 to 2 weeks.
• Create and produce any extra production as assigned by PD
• Actively Find audio teaching clips for use in “The Daily” spots
• Pull any audio clips for use of afternoon show prep
• Any other duties assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years related experience
2-4 years’ experience in radio, public speaking, online content creation (i.e. YouTube videos)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to engage listeners
• Possess passion, knowledge, and connection to NGEN music scene
• Ability to use Adobe Audition / Pro-Tools / Vegas / Vox Pro
• Excellent show prep disciplines
• Remarkable, compelling on-air personality
• Established, large scale base of social media followers, preferred
• Ability to edit audio into compelling spots
• Video creation and editing, a plus
• Proactive and results oriented
• Effective communicator
• Ability to write content for web, print, and social media
• Strong understanding of FCC Guidelines
• Strong knowledge of the CHH and Christian Hot CHR genres
Must be available to work weekends and evenings for events
Physical Activity may include Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Application Instructions: To apply, please visit our careers page located at www.KSBJ.org/careers
For consideration, you must include Air Check/Voice Demo with at least 5 sample breaks.
Please submit your voice demo to [email protected] with “NGEN Afternoon Show Host” as Subject of your email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org