Location: Chicago, IL
Department: Strategic Marketing- Radio
Reports to: Director of Strategic Marketing – Radio
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervisory
Full-time or Part-time: Full Time
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Strategic Marketing – Radio, help to facilitate the department’s efforts to expand the reach of Moody Radio through the marketing and promotion of Moody Radio programming and services to owned and operated stations, mini network, internet stations and affiliate partners.
Act as a marketing point person to help communicate goals of specific Moody initiatives including internal clients of Education, Publishing, Event Marketing and management, network campaigns, new program launches, national contesting, and applicable underwriting campaigns. Including implementation of national name collection drives such as Cover to Cover, Israel Flyaway, 52 Uncommon Dates, Flyaway campaigns, and market specific events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Assist and facilitate from concept to recap ongoing marketing plans with key stakeholders
that coincide with regional listener facing marketing campaigns that incorporate on air, online
and on premise mediums. Plans should have a goal of cultivating cumulative audiences, time spent listening, content sharing and new name capture for increased communication flows for Moody Radio.
- Oversee and mentor a team from recruitment to final performance evaluation of a promotion
assistant, seasonal intern and Practical Christian Ministry staff.
- Meet with the Director of Strategic Marketing and ministry partners on a regular basis to
discuss strategy that fit into the larger plan of leveraging Moody Radio.
- Participate in weekly devotions and monthly Station Manager calls, meet with Marketing
Manager – O & O’s, and key service partners to share strategy and plans.
- Travel to local markets to support large scale events as needed.
- Participate and lead weekly devotions, staff meetings, and local events with a national and
local presence and other gatherings as needed.
- Plan, attend and participate in the National Religious Broadcasters Convention, Founder’s
Week, Leadership Conferences, Legacy Conference, Gospel Coalition and other major
Moody Radio or internet station events.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and fulfillment of on air, online and on-site
contesting. This includes copywriting and social media as well as the preparation of contest
rules, waivers, and release forms.
- Perform related and special duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales promotions, business management or a related field.
- 1-3 years of demonstrable experience marketing projects and campaigns and/or overseeing websites and other digital communication platforms in radio, media, or parallel field
- Creative thinker who can generate innovative ideas and solutions and partner effectively with marketing and other creative teams
- Good operational and process orientation; strong project management and organizational abilities
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; experience in dealing with multiple and diverse internal stakeholders, and interacting with business and technology partners
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, across all organizational levels.
- Able to work in the US legally without sponsorship
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to work closely with and influence senior management.
- Love of creating great environments for radio listeners and supporters.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christian-based Higher Education and Media Ministry. We exist to equip people with the Truth of God’s Word. If you are mission-minded, and have a servant’s heart, join us as we look to further impact the Kingdom of God.
This job operates in a professional office environment and occasionally at radio network events. This role routinely uses standard office equipment (computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear in various noise environments. The employee very frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; stoop or kneel; and reach with hands and arms. Substantial physical movement is required. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit.
Employee must project an appropriate company image with respect to dress and demeanor and must be willing to work in a smoke-free environment.
This is a full time position with varied hours, including day, evening, weekends and possible holidays. Some travel (approximately 10%) is expected for this position.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Candidates must align with MBI’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards.
We comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and any other applicable legally protected category. As a religious institution, we have the right to, and do, require that employees hold beliefs consistent with our Doctrinal Statement and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs, including as explained in our Community Standards.
To review you fairly, please remove birthdates and graduation dates from your resume.
If you would like to be considered, please apply online at moodybible.org/careers!
To apply for this job please visit www.moodybible.org.