Location: Chicago, IL
Department: Moody Radio
Reports to: Emma VanDeVelde
Supervisory Responsibility: Individual Contributor
Full-time or Part-time: Full-Time
This position creates digital content in support of the vision, programming, and products of Moody Radio.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Implement the strategic growth plans as set from Moody Radio Leadership Team for all of our digital entities to maximize traffic, audience, listenership, engagements, and revenue opportunities.
- Produce ongoing daily audio, video, and print content across all channels (website, social, podcast, stream, email, etc.), and assist other contributing teams to help achieve growth goals with innovative content with high production value.
- Serve as a conduit between our stations, our leadership, our sales staff, and our team contributors to ensure that guidelines are set to ensure quality while still offering flexibility to help others achieve their own promotional goals using our digital assets.
- Consistently maintain and improve our online experience across all interactions with our social entities, email/text communication, online audio, and website offerings.
- Ensure consistent growth in audience (listeners, fans, and followers), traffic (website, stream, etc.), and content experience while maintaining our high-quality brand image.
- Report to the Director of Digital Strategy with operational and tech support from the Manager of Production, Moody Radio.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two or more years experience in audio engineering recording and editing high-quality audio content for a major publisher, radio station, news outlet, or similar; similar experience creating video a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience in audio engineering, digital media production, journalism, or similar communication field.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to guide others in a training capacity.
- Proficiency with HTML, WordPress, and all major social platforms is necessary.
- Skills with Photoshop, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, SEM/PPC campaigns, SEO, podcasting, audio editing, and/or video editing is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of audio editing, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as, basic After Effects skills are necessary.
- Able to write, shoot, produce, and edit short form videos, as well as create original digital content keeping our audience engaged with our radio and media outlets.
- Able to work in the US legally without sponsorship
- Three or more years experience in audio engineering recording and editing high-quality audio content for a major publisher, radio station, news outlet, or similar; similar experience creating video a plus.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent working experience in audio engineering, digital media production, journalism, or similar communication field.
- Two or more years of experience with demonstrable background in writing effective editorial content, generating engagements, and managing a social media presence.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christian-based Higher Education and Media Ministry. We exist to equip people with the Truth of God’s Word. If you are mission-minded, and have a servant’s heart, join us as we look to further impact the Kingdom of God.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Moody Bible Institute is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Candidates must align with MBI’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards.
We comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and any other applicable legally protected category. As a religious institution, we have the right to, and do, require that employees hold beliefs consistent with our Doctrinal Statement and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs, as explained in our Community Standards.
If you would like to learn more about this job or other jobs open at Moody Bible Institute, please apply online at www.moodybible.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.moodybible.org.