- Part Time
- Costa Mesa, CA
Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa (CCCM) is a Christ-centered ministry, led by the Holy Spirit. The ministry began with the church located in Costa Mesa, CA and has flourished and expanded into a multifaceted ministry which includes Christian Schools, Christian Conference Centers, a Bible College, a School of Worship, Christian Radio Stations, Christian radio programs, Christian book distribution, and Christian bookstores.
KWAVE/KSDW are radio stations licensed with the FCC. Our mission is to faithfully proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through solid Biblical teaching and preaching. Our goal is equipping the saints for the work of the ministry. We are a wholly owned ministry of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. The ideal candidate will be a minister of the Gospel in this position and will have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ.
Position Purpose / Summary
The On Air Host will have a distinct and energetic personality and be able to take ownership of the shift they are working, as well as work with multiple departments in the execution and production of the show. The ideal candidate will be a minister of the Gospel in this position and will have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. Familiarity with the teaching and music format of the stations is a plus.
Responsibilities / Duties / Functions / Tasks
- Agree with and live out the mission, vision and values of CCCM as outlined in the Statement of Faith (www.cccm.com).
- Be an example to those who you come in contact and serve with by exuding the love of Christ.
- Understand that it is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry and that those who serve God on staff at CCCM are expected to embrace a high biblical, Christ-like standard of conduct and lifestyle, both public and personal.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Hosting live air shifts, plus other voice-tracked shifts as assigned, which may include music, news, prerecorded Bible teaching programs, weather updates, commercials and/or Emergency Alert System notifications. Our stations are manned 24/7, so flexibility to work weekends, nights, overnights and holidays is a must.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations, including protecting the license of the station(s).
- Duties include working closely with program director to develop relatable content to execute format.
- Control board operation, including editing phone bits, interviews and other audio, and maintaining the program log.
- Remotes and appearances at station or live group functions, as assigned.
- Controlling camera for live or as-live programs, as needed
- Work with sales and promotions to maximize revenue opportunities, including promotions.
Requirements / Qualifications
- On-air hosts with at least five years of live on-air experience at a radio station or as a podcaster.
- Board Operators with at least two years of radio board operator experience.
- On-the-field promotions experience (at least one year).
- Logic, Audition or Pro Tools production experience (at least two years).
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, other office equipment.
Physical Position Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; bend; kneel; climb; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required include soft and loud sounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.